Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JRBrown, Oct 24, 2002.

1. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    What's the lowdown on Fodera basses? What other basses do they compare to in sound and craftsmanship?

[​IMG]

2. My experience is that you have to shop around for the Fodera that meets your expectations. Since they are often built to meet a particular person's needs, there isn't a signature Fodera sound. I've played several that I didn't care for at all.

The workmanship is very good on all the examples I've seen. They compare to the Sadowskys I've owned in terms of workmanship and "playability".

My favorite of the ones I've played (and liked) is the Monarch. I really enjoy that bass.

I do think they are overpriced when purchased new. The used prices seem more reasonable for the quality of instrument you get, but that's just my opinion.

Jeff

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    :)

I think it has great action and plays very smooth. I just so happen to have played that bass -)

4. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    No comment on the sound? Age?

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    its a newer bass with the pope. I don't want to sell here I was just poking in :D