1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fodera Beez Elite 5 Twins

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lamarjones, May 9, 2010.

1. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    IThese basses are sold.

The specs on the fretted are:
    Madagascar Kingwood fingerboard w/ black pearl dots
    3 piece maple neck
    Exhibition grade horse chestnut burl top and back
    Northern ash body
    1 custom made Aero dual coil in chestnut cover
    Fodera/Pope 3 band preamp with blend pot wired to each coil Fodera hard case
    11ish lbs

The specs for the fretless are:
    Scale 36" 3 piece maple neck with slightly slimmer D profile
    Madagascar kingwood board
    Roller tuning machines custom made for me by bassist Gary Willis
    Crotch walnut top and back
    Custom wound Aero K pickup similar to one in fretted
    100 year old 3" body with mahogany core purchased from a civil war era lumbar yard 11 years prior to my picking it out of Fodera's wood stash.
    Super Awesome leather fodera gig bag
    13ish lbs

They aren't mint but are in very nice, very clean shape. The frettes has very few marks at all, the fretless has one tiny ding that is not very noticeable near the bottom. Also, the walnut has some marks in the figuring, and as the finish has shrunk the marks show in the glare a little, but I was told that is how wood goes sometimes and thought nothing of it. These may not be the players for you, but they are outstanding instruments, and are certainly going to be very collectable when thinking about Fodera's history.

The set will go for 14k USD, buyer pays shipping. International transaction are fine and I will let you know your costs prior to making a deal.

I have a ridiculous amount of feedback, here and ebay and I used to have my own bass trading website as well, so don't sweat the minor details, I am real easy to work with. You can always email me at lamarjones @ nc.rr.com if you need to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BassBoss

BassBoss

Jul 14, 2008
    Stunning instruments, fortunately for me, the fretless is a 36" scale, which I dont like on fretless instruments, so I´m not tempted to buy these! :p

3. Joshyswing

Joshyswing JoshySwing

Mar 4, 2003
    Brentwood, NY
    Endorsing Artist:TC Electronic, NYBW Bass, D'Addario Strings, GruvGear, Marelaux Bass, Xotic
    I've played both basses and they're fantastic!!! This is a steal at that price for the pair.

4. Sweeeeet!

5. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    bump for a great seller and 2 beautiful, stunning basses. Good thing they're not 34" scale...

Lamar, these are pretty unique instruments. Can you describe their tone in some detail in light of the pickup locations and body woods? Best of luck on the sale.

6. Fodera surely makes themselves one of the best luthiers

of our time...

Could you clearify me if they have chambered or solid bodies? And their body thickness please.

7. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    The fretted is a 2" thick body and the fretless is a 3" thick body. They are solid bodies.

The fretless just sounds great, I have not thought about the pickup placement at all on it while listening to it, only my skills on the fretless, or lack there of. But those side dots really help. As for the fretted, it's interesting that when the coils are blended evenly, then the bass sounds like its favoring a bridge pickup, but then blending the coils differently almost make it like one of the coils is nearer to the neck and you can get it to sound like that? So then it doesn't really sound like a bass with only the bridge pickup. Pretty cool, the coil blending thing is pretty nice on a single pickup like that.

8. t0t0m

t0t0m

Dec 8, 2008
    Wow...super gorgeous bass...especially the fretted..

9. Weights, please?

10. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    check the description

11. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Great basses. I'm sorry to see them for sale so quickly. I know Beez had hoped whomever he sold them to would hang on to them and that they wouldn't end up on the classified circuit.

In any case, it's nice to see that Lamar is passing them off at a very fair price and not trying to gouge anyone. That's refreshing!

12. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Joel , I do now want to sell the fretted period. But that said these Remaining as a set was something I think he wanted, I thought about just selling the fretless, but figured the two together might be very special together.

13. pierreganseman

pierreganseman

Aug 23, 2008
    Brussels
    amazing looking basses... way outta my price range...

bump..

14. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I have one person who has a hold on these right now, a few that have asked about them and such. I should know withing 2 days whether the person with the hold is going to complete the transaction.

thanks for all the nice words.

15. Within 2 months, those will be in my hands!!!!

From now on to the end of the year, my wallet will be LITERALLY EMPTY!!!

all..... all in good time...

16. jsxtal

jsxtal Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    does anyone still have pictures of these instruments? i would love to see them