1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fodera Club Part XXVII

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Apr 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. 3 Dual coils

Attached Files:

2. Hey! I received a picture of Vinny holding my Emperor Standard 6. It should be finished soon.

Edit: Know what? I was wrong. This is a pic of the completed bass, which my retailer Dave from Ultimate Basses, already dropped by to pick up. I will receive this earlier than I imagined.
    2IZ7CWQ_d.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  3. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    I would love to hear that bass.

4. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    Killer flame.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  5. oldfretless

oldfretless Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2007
    SoYo County,PA
    P_20180516_220547. Birthday week for this one. My right hand man for 5 years.

6. JPMcGuire

JPMcGuire Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    My bass gear journey is complete. Two customs this year. Both awesome. Compliment each other perfect! Fodera was stellar to work with and amazingly patient! Totally a team that goes above and beyond. They knocked both out of the park. A monarch elite 6 and a monarch deluxe 5

Attached Files:

7. Jeff in TX

Jeff in TX Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Lone Star State
    Beautiful... congrats!!

Docbass1218 and kittywithabanjo like this.
  8. Docbass1218

Docbass1218 Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Agreed!

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  9. Tman74

Tman74

Apr 28, 2017
    A public shout out off thanks to the soon to be departing Phil Zuckerman who had been instrumental (pun alert) in helping me design 3 Fodera's. I know Phil has helped many others as well. Phil will be missed and I'm sure he has trained up a great replacement to keep the absolute best coming out the custom side of Fodera in the future.

10. Docbass1218

Docbass1218 Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Phil is the best! Great guy!!

11. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Yes I can't say enough good things about Phil. Really great guy who provided amazing service

12. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Phil fan here too! What happened to Phil?

13. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Now that the news is out, I, too would like to publicly thank Phil for sharing with us his excellent qualities in his pivotal role with Fodera Guitars. Integrity, experience, intelligence, insight, fastidiousness, and such were among those. However, it was the humanity that Phil brought to the job that impressed me most. He was a businessman and a mensch, both at once. Good Luck with what's next, Phil. Good Luck always!

Phil's replacement is Jim Joustra. Currently I have the pleasure of working with Jim on my third custom Fodera bass order, which as of today is all set to go. The order started with Phil and naturally transitioned to Jim. I first met Jim when he answered my phone call to Fodera Guitars. Even before I knew the situation, I felt right at home with Jim; I knew he was right for that role. Since then, it has been just the same. I am appreciative. Welcome, Jim. All Good Luck in bringing custom Fodera to the world!

kittywithabanjo likes this.
  14. kinopah

kinopah

Oct 19, 2014
    So out of the blue tonight, I started experiencing a weird phenomenon w my Monarch. Playing Bb on the E string, the string started vibrating (loudly) behind the fretted note - meaning between my finger and the nut. It's a grating noise and wasn't impacted by adjusting the truss rod slightly or the action at the bridge (it's been humid so I thought maybe the weather). In fact, even when I hit the D-tuner and go down a step, it happens. Fretting the 5th fret behind the fretted 6th, the sound disappeared.

I did a search, which seemed to yield that the culprit is a nut which is cut too wide for my setup. I'm playing TI Jazz flats. The suggestion to cut a thin strip of paper between the nut and the string worked great, so I guess that's a temporary fix. Have any of you guys dealt with this, and is the only solution a new nut? It seems really weird that it would happen all of a sudden like that.

15. Very Nice! Is the Koa Monarch alder body and 35 scale?

16. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    34 scale. Alder with ash tone block
    Other is a tony grey signature

17. DrewinHouston

DrewinHouston I'm the one on the right Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Disclosure: I am not a great bass player
    20180517_113208.

18. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    Well I changed the factory strings on my YY5. They were a bit too thin for my taste. Opted for a set of Nickel Light Mediums with tapered B. Holy crap is my tone FAT! Still plenty of midrange bite but much more emphasis on the low end which just happens to be my jam. Now I don’t feel I need to boost the bass knob on the preamp or my amp.

Pete Cruger and WorktheWood like this.
  19. What rig are you guys using with your Foderas?

20. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Thunderfunk 800 head into an Aggie 410slx 4 ohm

Also for smal gigs AER amp three

For big church DI only gigs. Either a noble preamp or cali76tx

gkbass13 likes this.