1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fodera Club Part XXVII

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Apr 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Have you guys know that pope custom pre-amp also has switchable tone cap??!!!
    I knew about the switchable frequencies on EQ and have played with them BUT tone cap??
    You can choose between 22, 47 OR both of them on!
    My bass has duncan JJ pickup and the tone was set for 47cap. Usually jazzes have 22 so I changed it and it actually did wonders to the tone! I mean tone open its the same, but when you start to dim it back it doesnt get as muddy as before... Again, after 1,5 years my Fodera surprises me :)

2. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    Couple shots of my YY5S out in the wild playin some good ol country music. BL commented on how much he liked my tone.
    83B659D8-F73C-4873-816C-3C49AC5FA9D4. 0B5900EE-4E91-4325-8750-01600029EF02.

3. Foderaslover38

Foderaslover38

Sep 15, 2018
    Beautiful bass !! :woot::woot::woot:

Element Zero likes this.
  4. Acoustic356

Acoustic356

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    Does Fodera ship a certificate of authenticity with the Monarch Standard Classic series, or just the documentation with the serial number?

5. rsoby

rsoby

Aug 23, 2017
    These are my topwood and fingerboard for my new Emperor 5... topwood+drawing+new+1. fingerboard.

6. Foderaslover38

Foderaslover38

Sep 15, 2018
    waoooohh !!
    nice & beautiful wood Planck !!

7. jmiles45

jmiles45

Sep 27, 2008
    Media / Marketing for Fodera Guitar Partners, LLC
    Hi! Both our Standards and Customs come with certificates of authenticity. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out to us at info@fodera.com

Leo Smith, Acoustic356 and gkbass13 like this.
  8. KoaFodera

KoaFodera Commercial User

Jan 22, 2005
    Guelph, ON, Canada
    Owner, Ultimate Basses
    Birdseye Maple and Ebony? That will be an awesome contrast. Congrats to you.

Docbass1218, rsoby and Midak like this.
  9. J._M.

J._M.

Feb 4, 2015
    Germany
    Wow - this Club has become pretty lazy these days :eyebrow::sorry:

rsoby likes this.
  10. rsoby

rsoby

Aug 23, 2017
    Indeed...and feel sad about that!!

11. mikkoantt

mikkoantt

Jul 5, 2012
    Finland
    IMG_2770. IMG_2771.
    Hi
    Just traded my AJ 6 to this AJ 5 from 2003. This has been upgraded to Bartolini dualcoils. Still looking singlecut Fodera or Emperor Elite or bolt on Emperor. This have an alder body with crotch wallnut top. What are you guys thinking about this?
    - Mikko

TolerancEJ likes this.
  12. Davidg

Davidg Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2009
    There is a cool Fodera event on October 15. If they let me will try to take (the dreaded) selfies with Matt, John, Reggie, Anthony, et al to gloat that I live in New York City!

In the mean time here is a pic from an event in 2017. Just hanging with these guys makes me play better (at least I think so)!
    (Just in case, that is Vinnie, Mike Bendy, Matt Garrison and some goofy tall guy with a big head!).
    Fodera M&G w:Vinnie, Mike & Matt.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  13. Aww @Davidg , I’ll be in New York for a week Nov 9-18. It would have been cool to check that out.

Does Fodera have a storefront or anything like that?

14. Davidg

Davidg Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2009
    They have a workshop in Brooklyn. They don't give formal tours per se but you can reach out to them and try to arrange a visit.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  15. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Just a heads up that Fodera artist Taylor Lee will be performing for the Asheville Bass Hang this coming Monday, October 8th. If anyone is within driving distance of Western NC, come on down. Lots of killer performers and presenters and a boatload of bass gear being given away courtesy of our sponsors, including Fodera Guitars. Thanks Fodera for your support!

bass_hang.

mikezimmerman and noodler like this.
  16. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    thats gotta be easily the most elegant looking fretless on earth.

Bottom 4 and Anachronism like this.
  17. Davidg

Davidg Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Yes, it is purdy! I don't think the Imperial ll shape gets enough play around here. That upper "horn" with the right top looks fantastic.
    It's 33" scale, walnut body, holly top. Plays like a breeze and sounds amazing (I "let" Matt play it!). Piezo pup in the bridge, in my opinion a must for fretless.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Leo Smith, oldfretless and dhagopian like this.
  18. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca
    it’s been quiet, but maybe it’s cause we’ve all been playing so much?

19. Davidg

Davidg Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2009
    That, or maybe nostatic is out of the country or something?!

20. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    psychologically perhaps

I'm on an interesting gig, but haven't been using the Foderas.

not a typical gig (Subway content)

Second episode is tomorrow. I am bringing the frankenFretless, and may end up using it depending on where we end up going. The extended range of the Smith has been key so far, but I will admit that I miss the Fodera neck profile on a 6'er...