1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fodera Club Part XXVII

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Apr 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    a busy weekend. Saturday night doing a semi-private party with jazz followed by live band karaoke. The 6'er handling the jazz set, the P-bass doing karaoke as there tends to be some swapping of instruments between players. Then Sunday night at The Canyon with Steely Jam, YYD as the main culprit with the P-bass taking a turn or two on Rikki and Takin' It to the Streets.

nov-weekend%20-%202.jpg

nov-weekend%20-%201.jpg

2. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    YY5S holdin it down last night for top 40s pop. No preamp, just DI into the board. I never get tired of playin this thing.
    1356285E-4D2C-4218-92E5-F909B62A9CB0.jpeg 56CD5C56-BA34-415C-ADAF-9F74C7EC8EDC.jpeg

3. NoRightNotes

NoRightNotes

Sep 13, 2019
  4. J2Kbass

J2Kbass

Nov 14, 2011
    Gainesville, FL
    WOW!

5. DELACIUS

DELACIUS

Sep 6, 2007
    Croatia
    J._M. likes this.
  6. Tman74

Tman74

Apr 28, 2017
    HI All,

Not a Fodera this time, but I thought you might all be interested in seeing my latest dream. A custom semi 5 string build in Sydney, Australia by master luthier Jeff Mallia of Mallia Lutherie. Enjoy. It does have Fodera strings on it. BTW the B is huge.

IMG_5856.jpg IMG_5854.jpg IMG_5857.jpg IMG_5852.jpg IMG_5858.jpg IMG_5859.jpg

7. KUETSUM

KUETSUM Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hong Kong
  8. libanass

libanass

Oct 16, 2009
    Belgium
    Probably one of the last tenor tuned videos with this lovely Monarch VW before I switch it back to EADG!

Bottom 4, kinopah, TolerancEJ and 5 others like this.
  9. Steve York

Steve York Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
    Fodera, Lakland artist.
    Mike Pope told me that the preamp will work fine down to 9 volts. in other words each battery can be down to 4.5 volts before the preamp is "unhappy". But I imagine that you would lose some headroom.

oldfretless likes this.
  10. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
  11. KUETSUM

KUETSUM Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Have the pickups and covers back from the factory
    Sound a lot more open and dynamic
    The Jaco tone is back in single coil mode.

It sounds beautiful..even tho I am a ebony guy for solo bass..
    IMG_20191120_150751__01.jpg

12. Wallow

Wallow Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2016
    NYC
    Not what I'm wanting to hear right now! I got radiused, closed-pole ebony covers on my Monarch, which I really dig the feel of... like having a ramp, without losing that open space between pups I prefer for palm muting. But... been wondering for some time how much more "open and dynamic" the live sound would be if I exposed the poles. Not to say I'm unhappy with the tone, just curious how much bite I'm sacrificing with the covers. Oh the inevitable trade-offs of bass speccing.

Attached Files:

Christian Houmann likes this.
  13. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    You rock a YY Deluxe and an MIM P? That's quite the spread.

14. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Spoke with Jason about this. He told me he could hear a difference but if you like playing over the pickups it's not really worth it. paraphrasing of course..lol

15. Wallow

Wallow Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2016
    NYC
    Interesting as well, thanks. I've convinced myself that in the mix, I'm making up the difference with eq/comp/tubes/etc... but as they say, its alright to wonder...

16. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    Anyone prefer TI Jazz Flats over rounds on their Fodera? I have a set on my retired Ibanez, but haven’t taken them off to see if they’ll fit on my YY5S.

17. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca

prefer? i use them on a couple foderas (fretted/fretless), and have since the 90s. i also have a couple with rounds.

try them and see if you like them.

Element Zero likes this.
  18. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    The MIM P is a very good bass. Punches way above its weight. Not a Fodera, but a great backup and certainly a better choice if I'm doing a gig where other bassists will sit in.

kinopah, KUETSUM and nonohmic like this.
  19. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Yes I use them on my monarch which is dual coils and they sound great. Warm and punchy

Element Zero likes this.