1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fodera Club Part XXVII

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Apr 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Love your Monarch !!! Please post more pictures of it :)

Wallow likes this.
  2. Wallow

Wallow Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2016
    NYC
    Thanks, careful what you ask for. Nothing on phone right now does it justice, so lemme see what I can snap...

Bass initially came with saddles that constantly slipped, and I took an embarrassing amount of time to get back to the shop for a fix (instead just carried hex key religiously). Finally got back there, they swapped a new bridge under warranty, and happily it seems to be staying put. As if I didn't like this instrument enough before that was sorted!

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Best looking Fodera I've seen.

KUETSUM likes this.
  4. KUETSUM

KUETSUM Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Hey the radiuses ramp and your bass looks fantastic.

I had a small experiment before the decision made.

1. Lay down the bass
    2. Remove the strings and covers
    3. Restrung and raised the pickups to the height I used to set (2-3mm spacing) tissue paper helps.
    4. Play and listen if you find a different in passive mode.

I would say you could compensate the tone and frequency by the active electronic but i prefer open pole more as a passive junkie.

5. Anachronism

Anachronism Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2014
    MO
    It is, but I think I get it. I had a Fodera P for a while and loved it--best P bass I've ever played. But it was a lot of money to have in a P bass, and I'm not a "Leo got it right the first time" kinda guy, so I sold it and another bass to get a Monarch Standard, which I have been loving. If I got another P, it probably would be a MiM one with an upgraded pup.

kinopah and nonohmic like this.
  6. kinopah

kinopah

Oct 19, 2014
    NC
    I'm (for sure) an outlier, but I do the Monarch + Fender P thing too.
    Actually the Monarch P + Fender P thing lol... and for even further redundancy, I would 100% trade my AmStd P up to get another Monarch P at some point. The Fodera makes my Fender pretty well irrelevant, except it's a predictable backup and I love having one string with flats (plus the J has a lot of the focus on my Monarch). The Fodera playability is preposterous and with the tone rolled off can honestly feel more P than my P.

PB210001.JPG

7. Docbass1218

Docbass1218 Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Hi Joel. I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full. If you see this, could you PM me? Thanks.

8. Symphony2040

Symphony2040

Aug 7, 2008
    Hello Fodera team!

I have a question. I am currently trying to find a picture of a 7 String Fodera that was said to have been built a long time ago. It is said that a 7 string Monarch was built years ago. Does anyone have pictures of this bass? The only other 7 string basses that I've seen from Fodera are these three:

Attached Files:

TolerancEJ and kittywithabanjo like this.
  9. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    Anthony Wellington has one as well. Rare birds for sure. Are you considering having one made?

TolerancEJ and Symphony2040 like this.
  10. Symphony2040

Symphony2040

Aug 7, 2008
    Yes, he does! Actually, I believe the one that he has is the 7 string Emperor that I posted. I know he has a huge collection of Fodera's...does he possibly have another 7 string Fodera?

But yes, I am considering having one built in the future. I noticed that the 7 strings tend to be Emperor or Emperor II basses. I would love to see a 7 string Monarch!

TolerancEJ likes this.
  11. brandinstroy

brandinstroy Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I Support the following: Fodera, Noble Amps, JHAudio, Trickfish Amplification
    i remember seeing a 7 string Monarch on their old website....the blue background website if I’m remembering correctly.

J._M. likes this.
  12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I love simple basses like that last one. My favorite look for sure.

13. waver

waver

Nov 19, 2016
    View attachment 3602978 [/QUOTE]

Another Fodera P + MIM P combo.
    I use the MIM P for ugly weather, jams, etc., but I play the Fodera every chance I get.
    The MIM P plays great! (Of course the Fodera does.)

5995698-98ad412a50785806a550b8ec49570c70.jpg P Combo.jpg

Slaymus, nonohmic, GHOST AT and 6 others like this.
  14. 4FC7F5F0-7BD9-43F3-8044-A355924C9EB9.jpeg Studio recording :)

Bass7755, nonohmic, Slaymus and 5 others like this.
  15. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    That set up should definitely inspire you!

Christian Houmann likes this.
  16. tleebassist11

tleebassist11 Taylor Lee Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2011
    NC
    Endorsing: Fodera, DR Strings
    Excited bout the Christmas season. Here is a pic with my two sons, Noah and Gabriel! And of course my Ivory Monarch...

Attached Files:

17. se_jazman

se_jazman

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweden
    This one? Not a high quality pic though.
    /Stefan monarch7[1].jpg

18. brandinstroy

brandinstroy Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I Support the following: Fodera, Noble Amps, JHAudio, Trickfish Amplification
    yep that’s it!

19. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    @eude is correct, Grant Tyrie owned those.
    @Gunga Din What was the name of the hock shop? Did anyone ever find out if they were stolen or sold legitimately? I see the YY was sold in Instagram.
    Not sure if the MG fretless was also sold that way, but it is up on Reverb now, at an astronomical price - about the same price as a new one.
    Fodera Matt Garrison Imperial Fretless 5 Walnut
    It received a little wear on both ends at some point.
    Bottom.jpg Top.jpg

20. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    Duncanson & Edwards.

Apparently sold legit. A Pedulla turned up there recently, too. Also legit.