1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fodera Custom Koa Lincoln Goines Signature Imperial 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kotzman, Jan 4, 2017.

1. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Price:
    $6500
    Strings:
    _DSC6958.

For sale only, shipping included lower 48: Gorgeous Fodera Custom Lincoln Goines Signature Imperial 5. 34" scale, 19mm string spacing at the bridge, 10lbs. Fabulous flame Koa top over a mahogany body with a maple tone block. Three piece ash neck with mahogany stringers, and an ebony fingerboard. This is a PASSIVE bass, with one concentric volume/tone knob. The pickup is a Fodera/Duncan dual coil. Beautiful Ebony finger ramp included, (though not pictured). New set of Richard Cocco handmade strings. Genuine Fodera hardshell "teardrop" case included.

I am not the first owner of this instrument and it definitely has its share of small knicks, mostly in the back, see photos. That said, this is a FABULOUS instrument all around. By far the easiest 5 string neck I've ever played and the tone is just luscious. This thing just about plays itself. My ONLY reason for selling this wonderful instrument is purely financial.

As I am sure most TB'ers are aware, Fodera prices are now stratospheric. I am not even sure what this bass would cost new, as it is a custom model with a solid top, but an educated guess would be at least twice this price. This is a custom ordered Signature bass, not a standard series bass.

PayPal, cashiers check, or money order only. Bass ships when payment clears. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    fogger, bassnote6, Sosa and 1 other person like this.
  2. More or Les

More or Les Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    perfect.

kotzman likes this.
  3. Sosa

Sosa

Sep 28, 2013
    San Diego
    Wow. GLWTS

kotzman likes this.
  4. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    SOMEONE BUY MY MTD!!!!

kotzman likes this.
  5. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    If, I had this bass, I would definitely modify it adding a second pickup and replacing with a real preamp: volume, bass, treble and mid's...

6. Bassbwithu

Bassbwithu Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    Worst. Idea. Ever.

nostatic, J._M., The Nameless and 4 others like this.
  7. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    While I understand that sentiment, I think that the beauty of this instrument lies in its simplicity. That said, if you want to buy it and preform those modifications, you have my complete support.

9. Yaphet

Yaphet

Mar 1, 2015
    Golden, CO
    Or just listen to Lincoln Goines get the beefiest passive tone EVER with this bass! But hey, the buyer of this beauty can do as they please. GLWTS

The Nameless and kotzman like this.
  10. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Bass is SOLD!!! Thank you Fogger.

Yaphet likes this.