Fodera delivery

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheTurtle, Mar 16, 2004.

1. TheTurtle

TheTurtle Guest

Nov 13, 2003
    Hi! I'm going to order a new Fodera Imperial 5, but I know that Fodera guys are very busy.

How many months do you think it will take before delivery?

What's your experience about ordering a new Fodera?

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Expect 6 months to a year, depending on many many factors.
  3. have you checked the web based stores that carry fodera's in stock? perhaps you can find something to your liking there and skip the wait.
  4. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i just asked this sme question in another post 2 minutes ago...
  5. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Let see - you could call the factory and get a solid estimate, or you could go to TalkBass and get a bunch of uninformed opinions. Could this be a subtle attempt to let people know you're buying a Fodera? Hmmmmmmm.
  6. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

hmmmmmmmm is right :spit:
  7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Except for the fact that many times the "factory" will quote you a time that they will never meet. And also, TB just might have several players who have ordered a custom Fodera and gone through the process thereby being able to offer real world experience.
  8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Also, I don't see what is so "subtle" about saying "I'm going to be buying a new Fodera."

I think it's funny when new users will ask questions and they get ripped on by people, when all they did was ask an honest question. Ok maybe it's not as much funny, but sad.
  9. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

oh umm... hmmmmmmm :meh:
  10. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000

I know for sure that Turtle wanted only and honestly to have an idea about real time of delivery for U.S customers/shops.

No subtle things going on, Jdombrow :rolleyes:
  11. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Awesome! Excellent choice in basses, IMHO.

I just read a couple of posts on the Fodera board where a year plus is fairly normal. And Jared should have a pretty good idea on the leadtime since he's gotten several from Vinnie and Joey. :bassist:
  12. TheTurtle

TheTurtle Guest

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm without fretted bass at the moment, so It's very important to know for me how many months I have to wait.
    It's important also to know the experience of other Fodera players that is a different thing than talk directly to Fodera guys, but... anyway... I don't see where are my advantages in let all the world know that I'm ordering a Fodera. :confused: