Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera Emperor 5 $3500 + shp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by vanselus, Sep 2, 2004.

1. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I'm considering selling my Fodera. It just doesn't get played enough anymore, and it's too beautiful and sounds too good to sit around. This one's definitely more than the sum of it's parts - and i've played quite a few.

Flame maple top
    Alder body
    Birdseye fb
    Bolt-on maple neck
    aero dual coils
    pope preamp
    black hardware
    Serial # E51516B

The sound is very warm and textured, and can do both the P thing and J thing very well IMHO. Check www.basstasters.com for TONS of sound clips.

$3500 + shipping

If you have any questions, please let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Whew, thank goodness my GAS has subsided, or I'd be reaching for my plastic. Of course if you're interested in a 2 owner '66J....

3. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    No thanks on the 66' J - not really a vintage Fender kinda guy.

But Thumper... you know GAS never really subsides, you can only hold it in so long :D

4. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Sorry Vanselus, I forgot to add the ;) , I was just kidding, the '66J is my first good bass and I've had it 21 years, it's NOT NOT NOT on the market (I'm in a hurry trying to get a jump start on my 4 day weekend).

You're right about the GAS, notice my avatar says "temporarily GAS free." I'm a little slow, but not stupid. :p

5. BigDaddyB

BigDaddyB

Feb 27, 2003
    West Monroe, LA
    Endorsing Artist Regenerate Guitar Works and Honey Badger Pickups
    Check your Email sir.......

I've made you a generous two basses for one offer. Their used value adds up to SEVERAL hundred $$ more than you're asking.

brianb

6. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    BDB - I'm considering your offer, but I need some cash and what I don't need is two more basses that I have to then sell. I'll shoot you an email back.

Thumper - Ok good, I didn't think you'd be crazy enough to consider that :) I hope you get GAS soon!

7. BigDaddyB

BigDaddyB

Feb 27, 2003
    West Monroe, LA
    Endorsing Artist Regenerate Guitar Works and Honey Badger Pickups
  8. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    why oh why, do i have to be in europe, so every deal in talkbass is not for me?

i'd SO buy it, but taxes/customs will break my neck... :bawl:

9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    AFAIK, if its sold, shipped and labelled "used", then it will cost less... check that out, though, I'm not 100% sure.
    Shipping will be the tougher part - plus insurance.
    I'd say it'd run you $3800-3900 (just an educated guess)

Whats up Vanselus, summer cleaning that you seel stuff again or are you saving up for something special - if yes, hope we'll hear about it on basstasters ;)

10. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    thanks for the tip, i dropped the german customs offices a line.

customs, shipping & insurance are really terrible "deal-breakers". :(

11. I bought an Alembic from Germany and the customs charges coming into the US were not that bad (I forget, but it was like 30 bucks and the bass cost me around a thousand euros). Not sure how the Germans are about tariffs, but for those Americans wanting to know about receiving basses from overseas, that was my experience. Shipping was around $100.

By the way, one thing to keep in mind in accepting a trade for two basses is that it is often much easier to sell a couple of cheaper basses than one pricey one. The market gets very small as the prices go up! At least that has been my experience. Plus, you'll have a couple of new basses to play with until you sell them!

12. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Yeah, I just have WAY too much stuff sitting around not getting enjoyed. I also have bills to pay! Not saving up for something special at this point, but you never know! After I record the cabinets in my posession, I'll likely sell some of those too: Epifani T410, T112, T110, EA NL210, CXL112L. Maybe my AI Clarus too.

The mighty Knuckle is calling my name though! :D

Christoph - check your PM ;)

13. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Just in case all you PM'ers get back to me this weekend, i'll be away from my computer tonight, tomorrow, and most of Sunday.

Thanks