1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fodera Emperor 5 Standard Classic Ash/Maple - Recent build as New

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by crossover, Jun 18, 2017.

1. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Price:
    $5150
    Strings:
    Offering up my as new Fodera Emperor 5 Standard Classic. Freshly strung with new Fodera Nickels strings and added one of their Tortoiseshell Pickguards (GORGEOUS!). Built within the last few months, I’m the sole owner from new; immaculate condition and sounds every bit as good as she looks. Why sell? I’m soon to be an acknowledged artist for another luthier. I opted to do this purely out of respect for my relationship with that company. I won't record or play live with it anymore, so it makes no sense to keep.

IMG_2549.JPG IMG_2546.JPG IMG_2551.JPG IMG_2552.JPG IMG_2553.JPG IMG_2562.JPG IMG_2563.JPG IMG_2564.JPG IMG_2554.JPG IMG_2555.JPG IMG_2561.JPG IMG_2559.JPG IMG_2560.JPG IMG_2547.JPG IMG_2548.JPG IMG_2566.JPG IMG_2567.JPG IMG_2568.JPG

SPECIFICATIONS:
    • Ash Body
    • 24-frets: PLEK’d Compound radius fingerboard
    • 3-piece Quarter-sawn hard rock maple neck
    • Highly Figured Birds-Eye Maple Fingerboard
    • Black Gloss Finish, 3-Ply Tortiseshell Pickguard *(Original 3-Ply Black [plastic on] also included)
    • 19mm bridge spacing
    • Fodera/Seymour Duncan Dual Coil Pickups
    • Fodera / Pope 3-Band Preamp
    • Controls: volume, pickup blend, tone, stacked bass/treble and midrange control. Spit coil & active/passive switches
    • Certificate of Authenticity, Tools and all Case Candy
    • Fodera Tear Drop case
    • Weight: 10.8 lbs
    Newly sold for $5850 + another $75 for the pickguard, plus shipping. Totaling nearly $6000; avoid the wait-time on a build and get a deal on what is very much a brand-new Fodera! $5150 Shipped/Insured within the lower 48. Willing to meet for a local deal. NO TRADES please. Paypal ok.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    BCook, Rasbeng, yousaiditman and 2 others like this.
  2. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    I should mention: I've put this bass away since taking the photos to preserve the "newness".
    She's just waiting to be your's (future owner) to start making beautiful music again!

3. Gorgeous! Black/Birdseye Maple is one of my faves! I have a similarly spec's Sadowsky NYC in the works now. I'd pick this up as well, but my shoulders require somewhat lighter basses unfortunately! GLWTS!!

crossover likes this.
  4. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Thank you kindly.

5. Mr.Ace

Mr.Ace Bass players rule!

Sep 8, 2015
    Louisville
    Endorsed by Fusion ( maker of killer gig bags)
    34" scale?

6. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Yes, it's 34" scale.

7. Mr.Ace

Mr.Ace Bass players rule!

Sep 8, 2015
    Louisville
    Endorsed by Fusion ( maker of killer gig bags)
    O
    ok awesome. Beautiful bass. Did you get it from Sweetwater? I'm window shopping at this point, but hopefully will be in the market very soon. I've never played a emperor standard classic, but I've heard they are extremely versatile

8. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Thanks - they are very versatile, and allowed me to part with a couple of basses because of their ability to cover so much ground.

Unfortunately IMO they're not all the same... I had a E5S Special, same wood combo, that I just couldn't tonally bond with.

This one has "it" in spades, and if it weren't for reasons stated, would be going nowhere.