For Sale/Trade Fodera emperor deluxe 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by brett7276, May 11, 2021.

1. brett7276

brett7276 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Price:
    $5350
    Strings:
    United States
    4E1E58DE-2C3C-4098-8625-1ACE059F961B.jpeg 3ED9C098-B72F-4C49-9C9C-A68BACFCFC1D.jpeg Fodera emperor 4. Comes with Fodera hard case $5350
    Pope preamp Fodera Dual coils, mute bridge ( factory I believe very handy and cool) Brazilian rosewood finger board Ash body with mahogany insert
    Flame maple top
    Maple neck

Scale says around 8.85-9lbs.

link to previous owners thread
    SOLD - FS Fodera Emperor Deluxe 4

Trade interests - maybe a pj Fodera 4 banger or an Alleva Coppolo... Moollon +cash past that mostly after cash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    JPMcGuire, Edgar, ulty_arnie and 4 others like this.
  2. brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Few more pics

Attached Files:

Fred312b and bassballs27 like this.
  3. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Very fine Fodera and at a sweet price!

Alder & brazilian rosewood, such a nice and rare combo on the 4-string used market for that luthier. :thumbsup:

Between a Standard and that Deluxe Custom, it's a no brainer.

GLWYS!

bassballs27 likes this.
  4. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    I'm curious if you have confirmed with Fodera that it is mahogany? It looks a lot like alder to me but could be wrong of course.

Also what is the scale length?

Thanks.

lalobass and Edgar like this.
  5. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Not sure why I thought it was alder.

Mahogany is awesome! :thumbsup:

basses55 likes this.
  6. brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Typo on my end- ash body with mahogany veneer insert between the top

7. Korlin1

Korlin1

Apr 20, 2007
    Is the bridge mute system removable?
    Is it screwed into to body or just on top of it held in place by the string tension? 34 scale?

bassmahn and lalobass like this.
  8. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    That makes sense ...grain has ash patterns but I’ve seen alder look a little like this too. Anyhow ash/rose is really nice combo.
    Can you verify the scale length please?

Edgar likes this.
  9. brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There is one Pickguard screw that holds it in place ... I had contemplated removing the mute when I got it- but it’s actually really handy so I didn’t
    Per previous owner “35 scale but I need to measure to verify- it sure feels like “34 and i have very small hands- so I’ll say “35 for now - subject to verification- as I wouldn’t want to misrepresent bass- the playability and action on this bass are as you’d expect- second to none

basses55 likes this.
  10. Korlin1

Korlin1

Apr 20, 2007
    Thank you

11. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Who doesn't like ash?! :bored:

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  12. Ketbass

Ketbass Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Dayton, OH
    Beautiful bass. I keep looking at it but just picked up a Ken Smith 6 and can’t justify another 4 at this time. Also, on the back wood, it really looks like like cedar. Spanish or a standard western; both sound great. If you have the serial number, Fodera will give you the build info. Cedar, alder and ash all sound different. Although with that preamp installed, there’s probably no problem getting any sound out of it. GLWTS.

13. smcgov

smcgov Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Northshore Mass
    i had one exactly like this that had a dent in the back when our drunk guitarist's les paul fell on it, i was not happy....great sounding and playing

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021