1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fodera Emperor II Elite - 2014 flamed koa

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JPMcGuire, Aug 4, 2016.

1. JPMcGuire

JPMcGuire Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Price:
    Strings:
    Absolutely one of the most incredible basses I've had the pleasure of owning! I'm now a big Fodera fan and interested in trading to try another wood combo/model. Unfortunately to do this I can't afford to have both so I'm willing to trade for the right fodera 5 string. I already have a nice Monarch 4 with ebony board and walnut body I love. Would love to find a Monarch 5 with a Brazilian rw board. Open to another Emperor but not really a fan of the imperial etc. Bass weighs in at 10.5lbs and balances extremely well. Comes with Fodera OEM case.

Here is newborn link for details on specs

Koa Emperor II 5 Elite

Attached Files:

2. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Heres a YouTube link from the original dealer showing some more detail. He mentions it's the "best bass he has ever played". :)

3. rickr

rickr Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
    Oh my!!!

4. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I'm the original owner, this is a great instrument!

5. slamsinger

slamsinger Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Coventry RI
    My favorite Fodera that's been listed in a LONG time ... Everytine is see this one come up I cringe in a good way ! :)

BassBuzzRS likes this.
  6. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Thanks Danny and slam. Just put some new fodera nickels B to C and this bass sounds so good! Bass is in excellent shape and has the lowest buzz free action I've experienced.

Some great trade offers! Still available. Ideal trade would be a Fodera Monarch or open to other interesting trades plus cash.

7. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Beautiful!

8. rickr

rickr Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
    Man do I want that bass....

9. ilustre

ilustre Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2010
    What is the trade price?

10. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Pmd

11. ilustre

Sep 29, 2010
    I just merd the price to see what I can offer you

12. ilustre

Sep 29, 2010
    Need

13. GHOST AT

GHOST AT

May 24, 2011
    Mitchricker does this bass have the standard neck or the thin/fast profile?

14. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Not 100% sure. I'm assuming standard neck profile. For me it's very much like the girth of my 62 jazz bass.

Is there a way to measure and
    verify which one?

GHOST AT likes this.
  15. GHOST AT

GHOST AT

May 24, 2011
    Now that I think of it, the neck profile would have to be verified by the original owner. I played one thin/fast neck it felt like the "shoulders" of the neck were thinner. If that makes any sense. .

16. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    This is likely a standard. It's more of a medium profile in my opinion. Really a nice balanced profile and one of my favorite from the 5 strings in terms of necks.

17. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Some great trade offers! Still aval. This is a special bass for sure. Ideal trade is a Monarch 5 deluxe or elite. Also have my eye on a newer emperor deluxe and therefore open to a 5 or 6 with a good sum of cash I could apply toward this emperor I have my eye on to try!

18. Alphaman

Alphaman Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    Say what? Can't believe you're trading this one! This is an extremely nice bass!

19. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Alpha. I agree, stellar bass. Lots of offers. Holding out for that elusive Fodera deluxe or elite that I'm interested to try next! If nothing pans out after sometime, it was ment to keep this one. :)

Alphaman likes this.
  20. kittywithabanjo

kittywithabanjo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Coquitlam. BC
    What an awesome instrument.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021