1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fodera Emperor II Elite 5 Buckeye Burl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jaysbassspace, Mar 31, 2018.

1. jaysbassspace

jaysbassspace Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Hoboken, NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale or trade is this amazing Fodera Emperor II Elite 5 Buckeye. Extremely versatile and plays like dream. It is without a doubt the greatest bass i've ever played. I have two young kids and am not gigging much these days. Looking to give it a loving home. Up for outright sale, trade + $ or two for one. I would potentially also consider a trade for a 6 string Fodera. Comes with original Fodera hardshell case (including instructions and truss-rod tool). The newborn link is here: https://fodera.smugmug.com/Newborn-Gallery-Vol-I/Newborn-254/ It's going up on EBay as well for $500 more. Would much rather do a deal with the TB community. I live in Hoboken, NJ right across the river from New York City. IMG_7996. IMG_7996. IMG_7986. IMG_7988. IMG_7989. IMG_7990. IMG_7992. IMG_7994. IMG_7995. IMG_7996. IMG_7997. IMG_8001. IMG_8002. IMG_8003. IMG_8004. IMG_8005. IMG_8006. IMG_8008. IMG_8010.

From the Fodera Newborn Page
    Unique Features

"Built to cop the 70′s vintage vibe with all of the upgrades usually associated with our instruments. The core tone comes from this beauty’s classic Ash body / Birdseye Maple fingerboard. This tried and true tonewood recipe is than augmented by a set of our Dual Coil pickups, Custom Shop Preamp and legendary playability…

Tonally, this bass just flat out sings…incredibly resonant, punchy, deep and authoritative, we literally needed to pry this out of Joey’s hands in order to pack it for shipping!"

Specs for the Buckeye Burl Emperor II 5 Elite:

Body Woods

Emperor II
    Ash Body
    Ash Tone Block
    Buckeye Burl Top (Non-Solid)
    Neck Woods

Birdseye Maple Fingerboard
    3-pc. Hard Rock Maple
    Ebony Dot Inlays
    Construction Specs

Birth Date – September 2011
    Neck-Through Construction
    34″ Scale Length
    5 String Configuration (19.0mm Spacing)
    24 Frets (Large)
    Electronics Options

2011 Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
    Fodera / Duncan Dual Coils
    Emperor / Imperial Control Layout

19.0mm Spacing2011 Fodera Pope Custom 3Band Preamp24 Frets3pc Hard Rock Maple Neck34 Scale Length44995 StringAsh BodyAsh Tone BlockBassBirdseye Maple FingerboardBuckeye Burl Emperor II 5 EliteBuckeye Burl TopwoodEbony Dot InlaysEmperor Imperial Control LayoutEmperor IIFodera Duncan Dual Coil PickupsLarge FretsNeckThroughNonSolid TopSeptember 2011Wooden Pickup Covers

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Fred312b, gkbass13 and Jazzish like this.
  2. TateEvan

TateEvan Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2008
    drooldrooldrool

jaysbassspace likes this.
  3. D to the C

D to the C

Jan 7, 2015
    What is the string spacing, and how much does it weigh?
    Thanks!

4. jaysbassspace

Nov 26, 2010
    Hoboken, NJ
    19mm (adjustable) and 11lbs.

5. jaysbassspace

Nov 26, 2010
    Hoboken, NJ
    Here’s a sound clip:

Passive, tone knob 0%, even dual coils.

Tom7 likes this.
  6. Swalexbass

Swalexbass Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Holy macaroni... Dream bass specs right there... GLWTS. Wish I had the funds for that wow.

7. jaysbassspace

Nov 26, 2010
    Hoboken, NJ
    Thanks!

8. Lraphel

Lraphel

Jul 9, 2015
    Your bass is a beauty. Do you know what the string spacing is adjustable down to?

9. jaysbassspace

Nov 26, 2010
    Hoboken, NJ
    Thank you! Hmmmmm. No I don’t actually. I will reach out to Fodera and find out.