Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera experts- i need your help-

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Apr 2, 2003.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    what would this bass be worth? in very good condition- it now has aero single coils--
    i am being offered it on a trade- what would this go for??? set neck , by the way-- alder body.
    [​IMG]
    oops, sorry about the huge pic!!

2. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hmm,, he decided to scam the Lane Poors out of it before he gets rid of it ey?

Hey,, so would I. :D

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    actually- i am not interested in the lane poors- i prefer it with aeros- but its not for me- its for resale- im just trying to determine if its worth a trade-

4. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I'm no Fodera expert, but I have traded a few basses. That bass could bring you $2K, maybe. I would like to own a Fodera. If you had that bass posted for $2k,
    I'd do my homework to see if it was worth a try. Just my $.02

$2K can buy a lot of used high-end 4-string basses. There will be a lot of competition.

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    well, JR- if 2k was all could get- i wouldnt do the trade- but to be frank, ive never seen a 2k Fodera- and this one has the chestnut top, etc..
    i would do it if it brought 3k, however-

6. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    OK, I'll say $2.5K tops if someone really wanted a Fodera. The last Fodera 4-string I saw for $2.5K
    had an Ebony top and different pickups. $3K is way too much for that bass.
    For $3k, I can get something new and better.

7. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I sold a '97 Emperor Elite with a beautiful Chestnut top for 2900.00 a couple of years ago. It had the Haz Lab preamp and Lane Poor Pickup and a small
    crack in the finish. I would say around 2500.00 or 2600.00 for that one.
    Dan

8. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
  9. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    My guess is around $2800.00. It's very nice looking BTW. Mmmmm Alder:D

10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Ha...Adrian you know I can't resist this thread. ;)

Anyway, obviously the question is how in demand are Fodera 4 stringer's? I'd say probably not much...but what do I know really? 3k would probably be the max you get for that...it may take some time though. I'll bet if Bass Alone had that on his site at 3k it would last a few days max just like all of his other Fodera's. So maybe you could sell it fast as well? What is the trade for?

11. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    2500-2800 being that they can be had for that price. i havent seen people paying a premium for chestnut tops on the used market. everything ever sold at the bass exchange was usually overpriced. i know many a person that would go to that place to try basses out and then order them elsewhere.

saying 3k+ easy is optimistic. it could take a while but it could be done. it would have to be somebody that really wanted that bass though. id pass on it if i saw a 3k+ price tag. fwiw, a couple of years ago i bought a chestnut emperor elite 5 with duncan duals for 3250.