1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fodera for $45 million?! What a deal!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TechJunky, Apr 20, 2010.

1. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    http://www.newjerseyguitarandbasscenter.com/BassMultiString.html

(scroll down to see the bass)

FODERA
    5 String
    Blue
    $45 million dollars

Call
    Call: 732 225-4444

Was bored and found this website, and scrolling through their selection, they have a blue Fodera 5 string for $45 million! I had no idea these were worth so much...:ninja:

Just found it humorous. Maybe they don't really want to sell it?

2. And one of Fodera's lower end models ta boot lol.

3. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Its called marketing.

Have one item with a stoopit hi price, kiddies find it, then go, gee, what other junk does the dude have for sale... and find stuff that is of interest. I'll admit i found myself checking out their music man models.

And hey, it got every talkbasser here to click the link and check their inventory.

4. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Love it! That benavente is beautiful...on a side note.

5. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Was really digging the Dingwall and F bass. I guess the marketing is working. :D

6. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    $999.00 for a Epiphone EB-3 That's even worse!!!!!!!!!

7. That place has great stock but their prices are total joke.

8. PapaJustice

PapaJustice

Dec 28, 2007
    Boston
    That shop is actually pretty cool. It's about a half hour from my house. The guys there are helpful and knowledgeable. I bought my Stingray there used and got a pretty good price.

9. Consider yourself lucky, I've been there a few times and saw basses about $1000 or so over typical used prices

10. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Ever talk to that guy? He's a bit of a character. ;)

11. Jay? He is a bit of a character. Nice guy tho, don't get me wrong.
    I bought my Lakland 4-94 from him years ago that had the electronics changed, and he returned it to stock for no charge (he had the original pu's and pre-amp). In fact, because it was modded it was less than another 4-94 that he had there that was stock, but I got it as it was all original.

Some of his prices are high, but he's got the best stuff in that area.

and that Fodera has to be a joke or a typo.

12. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Check out the 4 string page. 1978 Alembic Series I. SuhWEEET!

2 Guild Pilots too. This dood does haz a nice selection.

13. I was expecting $4000000, but who accidentally types $4 million?

14. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent Those who can, play bass. Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Providence, RI
    Knowing Jay, that's a joke. Yes, he's a major character, and he thinks Foderas are over-hyped. That blue one he has is one that he keeps on the floor of the shop (literally), just leaning against other basses. It's got a bunch of cosmetic dings, but plays well and sounds good.

I bought my used Stingray 5 fretless from him. It's a 2002 and was like five years old when I got it, but 100% mint (original factory bar code stickers and protective plastic sheeting still on). I paid a bit more than I normally would for a used 'Ray, but this one had the piezo and the old white ceramic pup, and Jay swapped out the white pickguard for white mother-of-toilet-seat. She looks and sounds beautiful.

It's a five-hour drive for me to get there, but I'd make the trip again. There's not another store within that radius (including NYC, unless someone's hiding something) that has that kind of selection. You can try a LOT of high-end basses there. Just be sure to bring cash (online prices are for credit purchases... Jay will cut you a deep discount for cash), and try not to trip over anything while you're in there! There's a narrow path about 10" wide that winds through all of the clutter in the store, and if you miss your footing you're likely to kick over a Dingwall!

15. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx

I'm going with a joke since he actually wrote out the word "million" LOL. :p

16. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent Those who can, play bass. Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Providence, RI
    When I was in there buying my Ray I played the Benavente single cuts (he had two) and the Jerzy Drozd basses (two of those as well). All four were absolutely amazing. I almost offered a valuable body part in exchange for a Drozd.

:eek:

17. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    thats a nice price for the fretless carvin LB76. those older LB's are great..

yeah, it must be a marketing trick. +1 to "we all clicked it"

18. Daveomd

Daveomd

Feb 28, 2010
    Yeah, I'd buy it if it was only 45 thousand but 45 million is a little too much.