Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera Fretwire

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Drake Kennedy, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Hey,

Just curious, but what size fretwire does Fodera use? I'm interested in this mostly 'cause Vic's tapping and harmonic slides sound really nice, and thought it might have to do with larger/smaller fretwire that's used on his Foderas.

Anyone?

Peace
    Drake :bassist:

2. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Greetings. . . my understanding is that they can build one with pretty much whatever fretwire you'd like. I think standard for them is a medium size wire (i.e. not jumbo and not mandolin wire) although I know that they have used the smaller fretwire, which I think they've called "vintage." I'd imagine Vic's (Wooten, I assume, and not TB's Vic;) ) have the standard, medium wire but that is just a guess.

Hope that helps. . .

3. Hey,

Yeah, I meant Wooten, sorry for the confusion :D I didn't know our Vic had a Fodera...he should give it to me 'cuz he just got that beautiful MTD...anyways...

It's probably just 'cause Victor's amazing, but I can never pull off slide harmonics on a fretted bass, and I thought it had something to do with perhaps smaller or larger frets. I'm not sure what frets my bass has, I'll have to check.

Peace
    Drake

4. Actually I think that Vic uses large frets. Because of the VW model I have played had large frets.

-Christian