1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fodera Imperial 6 MG Elite: Unique instrument

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thewildest, Jun 21, 2016.

1. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Montreal
    Price:
    Strings:
    Dear all,

For sale is my most priced material possession, my tightly designed and impeccably constructed Fodera Imperial MG Elite 6 string bass. I received this work of art back in February 2015, after a long wait and multiple spec reviews with the great guys from Fodera. The bass is practically new, does not have a mark on it and even still smells as new. I always thought of this instrument as what I would play after a great meal, in the warmth of my home, accompanied with a glass of great wine... so it has never been outside my home, and has been kept in a clean, humidity/temperature controlled environment all this long. It has several hours (days) of playing on it, which have done nothing but matured and stabilized its structure and its sound.

The only change since its delivery are the knobs, which were made by David Cline with the same wood used for the top. The top is made out of an amazing piece of Bolivian Rosewood and Ebony. The bass has all the unique features that come with a Fodera, plus a one of the kind look. If the seller wants them, I will include the original knobs in the package.

Life happens to all of us, and due to some more pressing priorities I have to depart from this amazing creation. The bass with this specs would cost today around 15K and would take 18 to 24 months to deliver. I am letting it go for this price, which includes 500$ of shipping fully insured anywhere across North America. I have no issues shipping it anywhere, but if you want it shipped overseas we will have to review the price until it matches the fees.

This bass specs are here: Bolivian Rosewood / Ebony Imperial 5 MG Elite

In summary:
    • Body Woods
      • Imperial MG Shape
      • Walnut Body
      • Alder Tone Block
      • Bolivian Rosewood / Ebony Top (Solid)
    • Neck Woods
      • Ebony Fingerboard
      • 3-pc. Hard Rock Maple Neck
      • Blank Inlays
    • Construction Specs
      • Neck-through Construction
      • 33" Scale Length
      • 17.5 mm Spacing
      • 26 Frets (Small)
    • Electronics Options
      • Fodera / Pope Custom 3 Band Preamp
      • Fodera Duncan Dual Coil Pickups
      • Matt Garisson Control Layout
    The bass will travel inside its original case, all my build papers (proof of cost and origin), inside a well padded box. I am not interested in trades at this time. Please PM me if interested.

DSC07306.JPG DSC07307.JPG DSC07308.JPG DSC07310.JPG DSC07313.JPG DSC07314.JPG DSC07316.JPG

2. Latinbass

Latinbass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    That is a stunning looking Fodera. one of the most beautiful I've seen..

What is the weight on this beauty?

3. BostonJazz72

BostonJazz72 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Chicago
    This bass is so right is so many ways! I am jealous to whoever this goes to!

4. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Montreal
    Hi , thank you. It is too the most beautiful Fodera I've ever seen too. The bass is about 12 pounds (5.56 kgs in my scale). While not in the light side, it is very balanced and comfortable all together.

5. Wow! Beautiful bass!
    Please let me know if you change your mind on trades.

6. KoaFodera

KoaFodera Commercial User

Jan 22, 2005
    Guelph, ON, Canada
    Owner, Ultimate Basses
    Very sweet looking 6'er. I miss Olive 6 but my daughter required some expensive orthodontist work. Family comes 1st. That bass would be most welcome in my stable.

7. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Montreal
    Thank you very much for the comments. Definitively family first, and your kid will (once the treatment is way behind) will always appreciate your devotion. If something changes, let me know

8. KoaFodera

KoaFodera Commercial User

Jan 22, 2005
    Guelph, ON, Canada
    Owner, Ultimate Basses
  9. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Montreal
    And this work of art is in its way to its new owner. Bass sold.

BostonJazz72 likes this.
  10. BostonJazz72

BostonJazz72 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Chicago
    That was quick! To whoever bought this bass - Congrats! It is a beauty.

kessell5 likes this.