1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fodera Imperial Elite MG 5 Redwood Burl / Chambered Walnut / Red Oak / Ebony - Mint, As New!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by crossover, Aug 20, 2017.

1. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    Offering up my Fodera Imperial Elite Matt Garrison 5 String. Last bass I have for sale folks. Did I save the best for last? I believe so. I’m the sole owner from new and it has been babied and extremely well maintained since acquiring it - immaculate condition! Freshly cleaned and oiled the fingerboard along with adding some new Fodera Stainless strings before taking these photos. The Fodera Nickels I replaced them with are a month old and will also be included to allow the new owner to decide what’s best. Sounds every bit as good as she looks; the range and tonal capability of this instrument is astounding! This was my third out of four Foderas and there is definitely something special here. If it weren’t for my artist deal with another luthier I could not see parting ways - at the end of the day, it’s just too nice to look pretty and remain unplayed.

Fodera detailed and described it as follows: Chambered Walnut body, Alder tone block, Red Oak neck, and Ebony fingerboard. This wood combination gives this instrument a warm, yet articulate tone, with a deep, fat low end, growling yet subdued mids, and clear, bell-like highs.

This instrument was also built with a gorgeous Redwood Burl solid top, loaded with intense figuring and matching wooden pickup covers! The Redwood used for this instrument was from the same collection of hand picked tops for Jason’s (of Fodera) own personal bass.

IMG_2345-1.JPG

Specs:

Body Woods

• Imperial MG

• Walnut Body (chambered)

• Alder Tone Block

• Redwood Burl Topwood (Solid)

Neck Woods

• Ebony Fingerboard

• 3-pc. Red Oak Neck

• Mother of Pearl Dot Inlays

Construction Specs

• Birth Date - August 2016

• Neckthrough Construction

• 34" Scale Length

• 5 String Configuration (19.0mm Spacing)

• 24 Frets (large frets)

Electronics Options

• Fodera / Pope 3-Band Custom Preamp

• Fodera / Duncan Dual Coil Pickups

• Matt Garrison Control Layout

Additional Photos can be seen via this Link to its Newborn Gallery listing

To have Fodera build one to these same specs would cost you nearly $14,500 plus shipping (good luck on another Redwood Burl Top like this one). Instant gratification and a substantial discount on what is very much a brand-new Fodera! $10,700 Shipped/Insured within the lower 48. Willing to meet for a local deal. NO TRADES please. Paypal ok.

OHSC (also as new), Tools and Case Candy will all be included, as well as the signed Certificate of Authenticity from the partners.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Edgar, foderaman, barrybass33 and 4 others like this.
  2. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  3. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    rmayer and foderaman like this.
  4. CDamianBass

CDamianBass Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2015
    wow!!!!! beautiful bass.... what is the weight?

crossover likes this.
  5. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Thank you kindly.
    It's 9.79 lbs - light in general, (for a Fodera) but definitely a rarity for an Imperial.

CDamianBass likes this.
  6. CDamianBass

CDamianBass Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2015
    exactly, is actually rare for Fodera in general... they like more compact and kind of heavy basses they believe it sounds better and I agree sound wise but on the other hand I think u gotta be comfortable while playing, anyway that is a killer bass I might consider after I sell 2 basses m selling, regards.

crossover likes this.