1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fodera Imperial Elite MG 6 Bolivian Rosewood / Walnut / Alder / Ebony / Maple - Mint!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by crossover, Mar 4, 2018.

1. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    Offering up my Fodera Imperial Elite Matt Garrison 6 String. Freshly cleaned and oiled the fingerboard along with adding some new Fodera Nickel strings. I learned a lot of things (about Fodera builds) after having owned this one. IMO - 33" Scale is the way to fly: B-string is money and the C-String and upper register are so warm and smooth - such an even presentation. Ebony board over (my normal preference for) Maple, and most importantly SMALL FRETS!. Sounds every bit as good as she looks; the range and tonal capability of this instrument is astounding! Hands down my favorite out of the seven I've owned and will surely be missed.

Fodera detailed and described it as follows: Walnut Body, Alder tone block, and an Ebony fingerboard. Tonally, this bass is warm, yet articulate with deep, punchy lows, slightly compressed mids, and clear, bell-like highs. With 33 inch scale length and 17.5mm string spacing, this compact instrument is incredibly comfortable to play for hours on end.

This bass also features a unique and gorgeous 3-piece top made from Bolivian Rosewood and Ebony, as well as an Ebony pickup covers, and two Ebony ramps to allow for the customer's preferred playing style.

6DCF2DCF-3497-4AC7-B5DE-6914B6141C27.

Specs:

Body Woods

• Imperial MG

• Walnut Body

• Alder Tone Block

• Bolivian Rosewood / Ebony Top (Solid)

Neck Woods

• Ebony Fingerboard

• 3-pc. Hard Rock Neck

• No face dot Inlays

Construction Specs

• Birth Date - February 2015

• Neckthrough Construction

• 33" Scale Length

• 6 String Configuration (17.5mm Spacing)

• 26 Frets (small frets)

Electronics Options

• Fodera / Pope 3-Band Custom Preamp

• Fodera / Duncan Dual Coil Pickups

• Matt Garrison Control Layout

Additional Photos can be seen via this Link to its Newborn Gallery listing

To have Fodera build one to these same specs would cost you in excess of $16,000 plus shipping and a substantial wait. Instant gratification and a huge discount on what is very much a burial-grade Fodera! $9,980 Shipped/Insured within the lower 48. Willing to meet for a local deal. NO TRADES please. Paypal ok.

OHSC, Tools and Case Candy will all be included.

Photos to follow, but feel free to click the link above to the Fodera Gallery shots from when it was built.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    eddiebo, ldumouchel, rwider and 3 others like this.
  2. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Original owner's Classified listing for it can be found here
    Still have the original factory strung DR Black Beauties and both (removed) Ebony Ramps as well.

3. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
  4. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Montreal
    Oh, my old baby is going places again! Great luck with your sale, and here goes a bump for an absolutely awesome bass and a great-to-deal-with TBr

crossover likes this.
  5. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Wow. Now that checks all the boxes, thankfully I’m hundreds of miles from my check book.

crossover likes this.
  6. BK bassist

BK bassist "Apollo's Ghost" Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    WOW!!!!!!! Absolutely stunning bass .... GLWTS

crossover likes this.
  7. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    My thanks to all!
    Bias aside, it really is an outstanding instrument... best sounding/playing Fodera that I've tried or owned to date.

8. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Folks, thank you for all of the interest and inquiries. I’ve accepted a deposit, and consider this to be sold pending the scheduling of a local meet up to finalize the deal.

Hate to rub it in, but you guys missed out!

Docbass1218 and peterpalmieri like this.