1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fodera MG5 2009

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Nov 8, 2019.

1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    I recently picked up a beautiful 2009 Fodera Matt Garrison Custom. I bought it from the original owner who purchsed it directly from Fodera. This is without a doubt the best bass I have ever played. I have said that before but this time I mean it. :D it's actually the first Fodera of this level that I have owned and got to really go at and I get the price man. It is next level.
    That said it's too much for me and I have too much money into it so I am offering it up for sale or a trade plus cash my way. I am completely open to trades as long where I see 3000-4000 in return. The only exception there would be for an Emperor Custom but I would still like to see 1500-2000 in that trade. I would also consider 2 for 1's as long as I am able to sell one of them. As for trades I would love to get my hands on another 34" scale Fodera and I am all partial to Dingwalls, Spectors, MTD's and Skjolds. Active 5 strings only please.

The bass has been played and has some minor wear. A few very minor dings and some very minor scratching but the neck is fantastic and the imperfections are very small and hardly noticeable. You can see the imperfections in the attached photos. It is a stunning instrument.

It was serviced by George Furlanetto in 2012 when the original owner wanted to restring it B to G (it is currently strung E to C). George didn't like the tension on the B string he was getting and also didn't like having too much of the non tapered portion of the string wrapping around the string post so he installed a through body hole for the B string. This was done by George Furlanetto and suggested by George. It can be clearly seen in the photos.

Price includes the original Fodera gigbag (well used but still fully functional) and shipping in North America.

Specs
    Walnut body with flame maple top
    Alder tone block
    3pc ash neck with ebony fretboard
    26 frets,
    33-inch scale
    19mm string spacing
    Matching headstock with 3+2 tuner
    Seymour duncun dual coil pick up
    Mike pope (fodera proprietary) pre amp with dual/single selector, active/passive, mute switch. Switches can be refigured by using connectors in the preamp Ebony ramp between pick ups
    Weighs around 9.75lbs according to my old bathroom scale.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    bassballs27, KUETSUM and bassmanbrent like this.
  2. chris lykins

chris lykins

Dec 4, 2004
    phoenix az
    Is it the tone, playability, etc that you like so much? I have had some ash necked MTDs in the past and what do you think of the ebony board in combination? Mine all had maple boards.

3. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    The tone and playability are insane. So yes it's definitely that. It is has otherworldly build quality but so do the MTD's. The tone is insanely clear and perfect to my ears. It kind of makes my others basses sound like Squiers. The ebony board is incredible on this. I had an ash/maple necked MTD 535 and loved it but it was a very different bass than this tonally to start with so it's hard to compare. The tone on this is much more forgiving and far less zingy than that MTD. The highs are incredibly musical on the Fodera and the consistency from string to string and fret to fret is perfect.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    31HZ likes this.
  4. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Bass is still available as of now. I was considering 2 for 1's but I really need some cash out of this deal so I need to take that possibility off the table. I would also be pretty interested in a Yin Yang standard 5 string plus cash. If someone has a Skjoldslayer or whaleback hit me up. Those are at the top of my trade list particularly something with a black finish.

James_E and KUETSUM like this.
  5. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    sale pending

Soundworks likes this.