1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fodera, Modulous Or Zon?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Clay_Bass, May 2, 2006.

1. Ive decided I want a 6 and its time to decide what kind. I love fodera monarch 6s and baisically any zon 6. I know zons go for about 4000 which is a little more than I'd like to spend anyone know the avg price on a monarch 6? And I also love Otiels modulous so If the Zon and Fodera were both totally out of my price range I might go with the modulous.

2. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    I think the Zon and Modulus are probably close in price. The Fodera is probably a bit more. Personally, I'd go with the Zon.

3. yea i agree, i think the fodera is going to run you more then the modulus and the zon. I could be wrong but i've seen some fodera 4's and 5's go for well over 4000. And a 5 string modulus can be only about 3000. i really not sure about zon pricing but i think they are closer to the modulus then the fodera.

4. I'd go with the Zon, but I'm bias. I've yet to play a Fodera that has more than 4 strings, but they are fantastic. I've owned a Modulus and felt it was utilitarian but lacked the sheer power I was looking for. I now proudly own a Legacy Elite 5 and it's got everything I was looking for.

5. TBalls

TBalls

Mar 18, 2005
    Boston
    I'm definitely with Marcus on this one. I'm also quite biased since I play Zons exclusively. I've played a couple of Foderas and they're amazing instruments, but a Fodera 6 will potentially run you $6k+ depending on what you're looking at.

6. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    ive got a zon sonus 6. its nice. cost me 1500 used.
    the guy who sold me the zon also had a fodera 5. he bought it used, for about 4500.

as much as i like my zon, im going to go with the fodera (this is, of course, if money is no object). there's some magic powder they sprinkle on their basses before they ship, they sound very very very good.

get a 36". makes all the diff.

7. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
  8. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    whoa what the! that actually looks so much better than my zon sonus 6. i bet it sounds better too :( ill trade my zon sonus 6 for it!

9. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    foudera are good and zon too mouslous tend to be esterile and cold i saw otiel brudbigge live and his fodela was awesome really