Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera Monarch arrived -AMAZING bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AJ Love, Oct 10, 2002.

1. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    my Fodera Monarch Victor Wooten classic arrived today. truely an amazing bass. I've been playing bass for 18 years now and I've never played anything quite like this, I had thought my Fender Custom Shop Jazz bass was great (and it is, for what it is) but this bass is at another couple levels up...... the subtleties of how great a bass like this is, are apparent: better balance and tone throughout the fretboard, better feel...and this thing is made to be a slap and pop monster, no doubt about it

worth every penny to me...still needs a set-up but I'll take care of that at my tech's house tonight. and it will take a little bit to get used to the slightly bigger neck from the Fender Jazz

my thanks and appreciation go out to Fodera for making such an amazing bass

picture attached, not sure if I did the pics right

2. jambassist

jambassist

Sep 1, 2002
    Easton, PA
    sweet!!!! congrats man and welcome to the club.

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    HEY...I recognize that bass!!!!

:D

AJ, glad you're diggin' it, I let 'Hopper know it arrived OK. Most likely, all you'll need to do is take 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn off the truss rod to give a bit of relief to the neck.

Good to see it's found a good home...

4. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    thanks!

and thanks very much to Bass Central for the great deal, flawless service and no hassle shipping. A+++ service at Bass Central

as for the set-up, it plays GREAT right now...it's just that I have an incredible tech here in town who is one of the best anywhere, he works magic with bass and guitar set-ups, so every new bass goes to him and ends up being even better after he tweaks it.....

the tone on this bass is just other-worldly

for those who say they can't afford Fodera: I hear ya, but the cost is just a slice of an Upright Bass or a pro Sax or Trumpet and just a sliver of the cost of a great violin

my thougts are that instead of accumulating 6 or 7 $1000-$2000 basses over the years along with multiple amps and outboard gear, I'd just get a couple Fodera Basses and be set for a lifetime, with a good workable amp (Ashdown Electric Blue, very nice amp)

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

What's not to love? My favorite Fodera and I've owned a bunch. Enjoy!

Rob

6. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Because my $900 ZON is what works for me. I have played Foderas, and I will just stick with what I like, regardless of price or hype....whatever works for you is cool, too.

;)

7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I dunno about that...my Julius Keilwerth SX-90R was about 3 grand and its up there with selmer in the pro sax world. I doubt you could get a vic wooten classic for 3 grand...or can you?

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Foderas are great.. I'm glad you like yours..

But I don't think I'm going to spend $4,000 for one... just me.. I think there are basses just as good for less... IMHO of course

9. I have an Emperor Elite 5 that I got on May 16. I still have it; which is pretty good for me. My bass-buying hasn't been the same since I bought it. There are basses that I like, but none that I feel are better than my Fodera.

My Fodera

10. You're killing me! That bass is rediculous, just rediculous.

11. jtd125

jtd125

Mar 16, 2002
    Agoura Hillis, CA
    All i got to say is, NICE BASS!

and
    congrats

12. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002

Man, that's some of the best bookmatching I've ever seen....incredible top.

And hey, you're a mod at Tabcrawler.

*snicker*

13. hEh HeH hEh...wNt 2 FiGhT????

(I'm a Dude Pit mod too--I'm drunk on power)