1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FODERA MONARCH ELITE 4-CURLY WALNUT & ALDER-PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rmayer, Apr 12, 2018.

1. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Price:
    $6995.00
    Strings:
    FODERA MONARCH ELITE 4- CURLY WALNUT OVER ALDER BODY AND ALDER TONE BLOCK. Near mint condition. 3 piece Hard Rock Maple neck w/ Indian Rosewood board w/ Abalone dots. Black hardware. 34" scale, 24 vintage (small) frets on a Thin & Fast neck profile make this Monarch a joy to play. The lower horn was also cut out a little deeper, making access to all the upper frets easier. Modern headstock w/ matching topwood, 19mm standard string spacing. Duncan Dual Coils in 70s positions with matching handcarved Curly Walnut covers and the Pope Custom Shop 3 band electronics in the Monarch layout complete the sound package. A few more options are a solid top, and the semi-hollow option which resulted in an 8 lb 5 oz weight. Rather remarkable for a Monarch. An amazing playing and sounding bass. In single coil mode the 70s pickup placement along with the Alder on Alder body gets you some very "Vintage" sounds. Currently strung with DR Nickel Lo Riders.
    Comes in Fodera's Custom Shop very plush hard case with the embroidered logo, a $450 item. It comes with all case candy, including adjusting tools, straploks for your strap, and I'll include a can of BWC Bowling Alley Wax, which Fodera recommends (yes, really) for keeping the satin look of their finish.
    I got this bass in Oct 2012. It has NEVER been gigged, or even left my A/C'd and pet and smoke free homes, except for a setup at my luthier's shop. The only item that keeps it from being Mint is the small scratch on the lower side of the upper horn (see photo) which can probably be sanded out. The first 6 photos are from Fodera's Newborn listing, the rest are mine, their color is more accurate. This bass is as stunning in it's appearance as it is amazing to play.
    This bass currently lists for $10,650 and is about to increase by $150 for the Indian Rosewood, get a great price for a near mint one here, and don't wait close to a year for it. Asking $6995, shipping to CONUS included.

NOT INTERESTED IN ANY TRADES AT THIS TIME.

I WILL ONLY SHIP TO THE 48 CONTINENTAL U.S. STATES. I PREFER PAYPAL.
    NewBornImage_3142. NewBornImage_3141. NewBornImage_3143. NewBornImage_3145. NewBornImage_3144. NewBornImage_3146. _DSC0721.JPG _DSC0732.JPG _DSC0733.JPG _DSC0734.JPG _DSC0736.JPG _DSC0737.JPG _DSC0739.JPG _DSC0740.JPG _DSC0741.JPG

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Photo of small scratch on upper horn. _DSC0743.JPG

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Bowling alley wax? I never thought of that can it be used on clear coat also?

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Holy crap! Insane piece

rmayer likes this.
  5. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Not sure how it would work on a clear coat. The Fodera finish, on the customs anyway, is kind of a semi-satin finish. I was told you can rub this into the finish, and for some light marks, use it with a 0000 steel wool.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  6. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    The beginnings, at the Fodera shop in Brooklyn. IMG_0048_2.JPG

SirMjac28 likes this.
  7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Nice, they are definitely a piece of art.

rmayer likes this.
  8. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Wow!!

9. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    This is the perfect Fodera...drooldrooldrool

rmayer likes this.
  10. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Yeah, that was my first reaction too.

11. Coughdrops

Coughdrops Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2008
    South Florida
    I have played this bass and it is insanely great. Playability, tone... Looks. If only I could. Sigh

rmayer likes this.
  12. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    And Sold to a good home.

jazzy grille and Soundworks like this.
  13. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Damn, I'll have to change my avatar now.

jaysbassspace likes this.