SOLD FODERA MONARCH SPECIAL - Walnut . Alder . Ebony + Upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Soundworks, May 13, 2022.

1. Soundworks

Soundworks Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    I must raise cash to pay my daughter's tuition, so I must let go of the last of my 4 string Fodera's. This is the one that filtered to the top after many attempts of different wood combos and neck joints in 4 string.

This one sounds and plays as good as it looks. Alder is fat and ebony is focused and articulate and the two go together beautifully.

Upgrades include a full Custom case (see pics) and also at this price, I will include the Hi/Low concentric mid band EQ.

Condition is excellent as shown in pics. Only issue which is carefully shown are hairline finish cracks at the very tight neck pocket.

9.0 lb on my postal scale.

Also available on Reverb for anyone who wants to use Affirm or credit:
    Fodera Monarch 4 Special - Flamed Walnut + Alder + Ebony | Reverb

IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1265.JPG IMG_1264.JPG IMG_1268.JPG IMG_1266.JPG IMG_1269.JPG IMG_1267.JPG IMG_1270.JPG IMG_1275.JPG IMG_1272.JPG IMG_1273.JPG IMG_1262.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2022 at 1:28 PM
    Klea, kobass, HeavyJazz and 4 others like this.
  2. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    photos?

Soundworks likes this.
  3. Soundworks

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Bogun and jzucker like this.
  4. Bogun

Bogun Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Seattle
    Fantastic bass Tony GLWTS

Soundworks likes this.
  5. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    I'm in the market for my first Fodera. This one is interesting.

What year was this one made? Are the specs Seymour Duncan and Mike Pope preamp? Any other dings or dents? Can this get super low action?

Thank you kindly.

Soundworks likes this.
  6. Soundworks

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Born in 2018 (you can confirm in the pic with the COA).

These are Fodera/Duncan Dual Coils and the Fodera/Pope 3 band preamp.

No dings or dents.

Relief is set to 0.010" so yes, we like to say, "fodera low" while retaining tone and expressiveness. :)

jebmd and Kmrumedy like this.
  7. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Thank you for the quick answers.

I didn't understand the "I will include the Hi/Low concentric mid band EQ" comment. Has the preamp been upgraded?

Soundworks likes this.
  8. Soundworks

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    The way Mike Pope designed and built these preamps they have both low and hi mid EQ circuits on board. But for whatever reason, Fodera's all come with a single mid band control. This replacement concentric pot provides two stacked knobs to control each of the midrange bands. It matches the Fodera perfectly, btw -- same type of knobs. Happy to install it for the new owner -- it's simple.

For whatever reason, I had to jump through some hoops to get the pot, so I value it and consider it a fantastic upgrade. The Fodera/Pope pre is a real joy to work with -- it's very musical and transparent meaning it doesn't add a metallic or synthetic overtone so tweaking these mids can help marry one's playing style with the piece of music with the rest of the chain (e.g., pedals, amp/DI).

jebmd, oldfretless and Kmrumedy like this.
  9. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Thank you for the detailed answer.

I'm going to mull this one over.

Soundworks likes this.
  10. Soundworks

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    My advice to anyone who's on the fence is to pass. You owe it to yourself to pick up instruments that you're truly excited about. Anyone who's considered a Fodera will not be disappointed in this one and in fact will have a hard time finding a similar playing (or sounding) experience near this price point. Pau Ferro does not nail this tone or have this range. I have flats on it now and it keeps up with my 60's fenders in passive mode.

11. Soundworks

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Excited to pass this awesome Fodera on to an equally awesome TBer. :)

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022