1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fodera Monarch Standard 5 String Fretless Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by philiprst, Jan 23, 2017.

1. philiprst

philiprst

Mar 24, 2005
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I am selling my Fodera Monarch Standard 5 string fretless bass. The sale includes the original Fodera hardshell case with tools. I purchased this bass from a fellow TB member about 6 months ago but it has not had a much use as I expected so I am passing it on.

The specifications for this bass are the usual ones for this Fodera standard: Walnut body with a curly maple top, red oak neck with a lined ebony fingerboard. It has the Fodera dual coils with the standard Fodera/Pope EQ onboard. I am not sure of the exact production date but I can supply the serial number on request.

The bass is very clean and has been well cared for. I would say a conservative 9/10. The bass is in great condition with no dings or other damage and although it has been played so there will be fingerprints and superficial handling scratches to be seen when you hold it up to the light. As with any fretless fingerboard there are some small "marks" where the strings have touched the fingerboard but these were impossible to photograph and there is really nothing that could be described as "wear". The small "dot" on the fingerboard you might spot around the 13th fret on the fingerboard is just a small natural variation in color of the ebony. The bass weighs 10lbs 6.5oz on my digital scale

I am happy to answer any questions or supply photographs of anything you want to see.

I am asking $3900 firm including paypal and shipping. The only trades I would consider is for a fretted USA Sadowsky or a nice fretted Fodera, possibly with a cash adjustment up or down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Paizula likes this.
  2. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Do you have a weight on this bass?

3. philiprst

philiprst

Mar 24, 2005
    Thanks for your question. I have added the weight to the description.

4. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Thank you so much.

5. Pete Cruger

Pete Cruger

Jan 25, 2016
    Wanchese, NC
    Pretty sure that's an Emperor not a Monarch. Nice bass

BWorm likes this.
  6. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Yep. That is an Emperor Standard Fretless 5.

Pete Cruger likes this.
  7. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    Still available?