1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fodera n.y.c.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bibby, Sep 13, 2000.

1. Bibby

Bibby Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2000
    hello all!

i just made a deal and will soon be the proud owner of a fodera n.y.c. bass. i've never played one and was just wondering what some current owners have to say about it. i did a search, but didn't come up w/ anything.

in my anticipation, i just have to to talk about it!

thanks,
    -bibby

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Geez, I hope things turn out allright for you...Foderas sure are great basses, but I'd NEVER buy a bass without playing it (or the same model) first...

3. Bibby

Bibby Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2000
    jmx

thanks for the concern.
    i know what you mean, my purpose for doing this deal was for fun. i got rid of a nice bass that i never played, and if i don't like the fodera i'll trade or sale and be out nothing. besides, no bass will replace my 2 wonderful fenders. this is just for kicks;)
    -bibby

4. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Oh man, I wish I had enough money to simply go out and buy a new bass...I've been fantasizing about a 6-string Le Fay Pangton for 3 years now, and I still don't have half the amount of money it's gonna cost me...I'm just a poor student...

5. Bibby

Bibby Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2000
    jmx,

the key word was trade.:) that helps significantly.

so, no one has tried the fodera n.y.c. empire?
    i know you can't just go down the road and try one at mom and pops music store, but i hoped someone in the magical land of talk bass has banged on one somewhere.

this is a shameless post to get back to the top of the list for sake of visibility. sorry

-bibby

6. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I got cured from it...I used to own an (old!) Ampeg V4B -and sold it...I could still kick myself for that...
    So I decided never to sell a good amp or bass - eventually they'll be a time when you wish you'd still have it. I've read so many interviews and heard so many stories with a similar conclusion that I doubt I'll ever sell a good bass just to get another good one...And for my junk section (see profile) I wouldn't even get a pack of cigarettes.
    But Fodera is too expensive in Germany anyway...more than five grand ($) for a bass? Not for me :(
    But I'm more partial to German basses (except Warwick, of course ;) ), anyway...Lady Morgana Le Fay is a powerful enchantress....

[Edited by JMX on 09-14-2000 at 01:44 PM]