Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fodera n.y.c.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bibby, Sep 13, 2000.

1. Bibby

Bibby Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2000
    hello all!

i just made a deal and will soon be the proud owner of a fodera n.y.c. bass. i've never played one and was just wondering what some current owners have to say about it. i did a search, but didn't come up w/ anything.

in my anticipation, i just have to to talk about it!

thanks,
    -bibby

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Geez, I hope things turn out allright for you...Foderas sure are great basses, but I'd NEVER buy a bass without playing it (or the same model) first...

3. Bibby

Bibby Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2000
    jmx

thanks for the concern.
    i know what you mean, my purpose for doing this deal was for fun. i got rid of a nice bass that i never played, and if i don't like the fodera i'll trade or sale and be out nothing. besides, no bass will replace my 2 wonderful fenders. this is just for kicks;)
    -bibby

4. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Oh man, I wish I had enough money to simply go out and buy a new bass...I've been fantasizing about a 6-string Le Fay Pangton for 3 years now, and I still don't have half the amount of money it's gonna cost me...I'm just a poor student...

5. Bibby

Bibby Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2000
    jmx,

the key word was trade.:) that helps significantly.

so, no one has tried the fodera n.y.c. empire?
    i know you can't just go down the road and try one at mom and pops music store, but i hoped someone in the magical land of talk bass has banged on one somewhere.

this is a shameless post to get back to the top of the list for sake of visibility. sorry

-bibby

6. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I got cured from it...I used to own an (old!) Ampeg V4B -and sold it...I could still kick myself for that...
    So I decided never to sell a good amp or bass - eventually they'll be a time when you wish you'd still have it. I've read so many interviews and heard so many stories with a similar conclusion that I doubt I'll ever sell a good bass just to get another good one...And for my junk section (see profile) I wouldn't even get a pack of cigarettes.
    But Fodera is too expensive in Germany anyway...more than five grand ($) for a bass? Not for me :(
    But I'm more partial to German basses (except Warwick, of course ;) ), anyway...Lady Morgana Le Fay is a powerful enchantress....

[Edited by JMX on 09-14-2000 at 01:44 PM]