Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera new standard series.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bo Bradley, May 28, 2003.

1. I had a chance to play the prototype new standard monarch @ Vic Wooten's Bass/nature alumni camp,and it was outstanding.So much so that i sold my emperor deluxe 4 to get a new standard monarch 4.My emperor was an amazing bass ,but i needed a bass with more attack.My emperor was an alder bodied bass with an ebony board.My new bass will be a swamp ash body,maple board and aero single coils.These aero single coils are awesome.
    Check out the Fodera New Standard series at:
    www.thegrooveshoppe.com

p e a c e:bassist:

2. Yeah, those instruments really are amazing. I went down to The Groove Shoppe/ Fodera head quarters the other day to try some stuff out. The new Standers are amazing, I played a monarch with mahogany body maple top and EMG P/J's. Sound was killer. They also had a few bodies laying around for the new standerd waiting to be bolted and have electronics put in, they all looked amazing

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i love Aero's~! got to play a set of jbass pickups in a Matt Pulcinella, and they were awesome! sounded so inyourface, and yet no preamp.

btw, gonna give the Groove Shoppe a little visit tomorrow, i'll post up a report!

4. David Beasley and Joel Cataldo have created a music store that is unique in the Bass world.With such an intimate knowledge of the instruments they are selling to clients,a player can purchace a bass that they know will fit their musical needs.Representing Fodera guitars,Epifani cabs,and Rob Allen Instruments.The level of customer service provided by The Groove Shoppe is second to none.Ive called David Beasley many times ,and he has always found the time to speak with me.Thats rare in this industry.Basically what that tells me is that these cats truely care about music and those who create it.Its not just another sale.

P E A C E :bassist: