1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fodera New Std. Vic Wooten 4 Spalt top

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by theaterbass29, Aug 31, 2004.

1. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Bought new from Bass Central in Feb. 04. Paid $3400, selling for $2000, that's $1400 off discounted price. I have added a Hipshot Detuner, $100 extra. Spalt top, mahogany body, 3 piece Maple neck and Kingwood fingerboard, 24 frets, brass nut, black hardware. EMG P/J pickups like Vic's bass, 18 vlt preamp with Bass, Treble, Pan, and Volume with pull up passive option. Bass originally came with hardshell teardrop case, but I sold it, so I will include a Fodera double gig bag in like new condition.
    There are a couple of Charachter marks on the bass I will now disclose. One is a scratch on the headstock about 1 1/2 inches long near but not on the butterfly. It could be easily fixed with some ebony stain for less than $10.00. The next is the clearcoat finish is checking around the bridge pickup and bridge area. This could be fixed by Fodera for around $250.00, but it isnt a problem and probably not worth fixing. Other than that the bass in in Mint condition. It also has the lowest action of any bass I have ever had, it plays like an Ibanez guitar if you know what I mean, the strings are right on top of the frets, but little to no buzz.
    Email me for pics at dblnckbass@aol.com, I will entertain all serious offers. I am selling to purchase another Sadowsky. Thanks for your interest.
    -Jeff

2. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Here is a pic of the bass for sale. Email for more pics.