Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera New Std. Vic Wooten 4 Spalt top

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by theaterbass29, Aug 31, 2004.

1. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Bought new from Bass Central in Feb. 04. Paid $3400, selling for $2000, that's $1400 off discounted price. I have added a Hipshot Detuner, $100 extra. Spalt top, mahogany body, 3 piece Maple neck and Kingwood fingerboard, 24 frets, brass nut, black hardware. EMG P/J pickups like Vic's bass, 18 vlt preamp with Bass, Treble, Pan, and Volume with pull up passive option. Bass originally came with hardshell teardrop case, but I sold it, so I will include a Fodera double gig bag in like new condition.
    There are a couple of Charachter marks on the bass I will now disclose. One is a scratch on the headstock about 1 1/2 inches long near but not on the butterfly. It could be easily fixed with some ebony stain for less than $10.00. The next is the clearcoat finish is checking around the bridge pickup and bridge area. This could be fixed by Fodera for around $250.00, but it isnt a problem and probably not worth fixing. Other than that the bass in in Mint condition. It also has the lowest action of any bass I have ever had, it plays like an Ibanez guitar if you know what I mean, the strings are right on top of the frets, but little to no buzz.
    Email me for pics at dblnckbass@aol.com, I will entertain all serious offers. I am selling to purchase another Sadowsky. Thanks for your interest.
    -Jeff

2. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Here is a pic of the bass for sale. Email for more pics.