1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fodera Nickels or Dunlop Super Brights or D'addario Pro Steels??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by AstralBirth, Feb 4, 2016.

1. In a bit of a dilemma here trying to find the right string that can produce a bright/warm tone on my Ibby SR650. Mainly looking at how long the strings will last me and how rich the sound can produce when playing harmonics and chords. That's what I'm looking at right now for string choice.

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Pro Steels are the brightest, zingiest and most harsh sounding strings I've ever tried. I'd never describe them as warm.

But you say you want bright/warm so it sounds to me you just want something versatile. The super bright nickels would be fine.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not tried the Foderas, Pro Steels are kind of harsh, and Super Bright Nickels are my favorite strings and sound exactly like what you're looking for...bright yet warm.

Mystic Michael likes this.
  4. I'd go with Super Brights as #1 choice

5. Just installed the Super Brights at rehearsal and got about 3 hours of playing into them.

I'm loving them a lot, just exactly how I want my strings to sound on point. I can't believe they're freaking cheap!!! Yah-mo buy some more :laugh:

JimmyM likes this.
  6. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Best thing is, they stay that way for about 6 months for me. I usually end up changing them just because I go so long between changes that I forget when I changed them last!

Mystic Michael likes this.