Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera NYC comeback

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RobinBetton, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Anyone know anything about a comeback for the Fodera NYC series?

2. A TBer mentioned a while back that he saw a Lauricella (or however Joey spells his name!) bass, and that it was a prototype for the 'new' line of NYC Fender-type Fodera instruments.

While the NYC's were nice, I was never that impressed with the price value compared to other J-Bass type semi custom instruments that are now available. However, just IMO

3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Yeah, but you know the butterfly is just soo expensive...

4. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    easy now.......easy.

i dont see the problem with the prices .
    fodera et al is still making less money / hour than all the microsoftechcompuglobalhypermeganet certifieds that used to play bass.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yup,

i got to try a lake placid blue, ash, maple one at the Epifani shop. pretty nifty bass. preamp was pretty much a two band Pope. while cool, the low end boost wasnt quite as burly nor as aggressive as my Sadowsky. still, pretty fat, and hifi in its own way.

highly impressed.

6. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
  7. Yeah! Make sure that you take a look on all the sweet Foderas on their website.

-Christian

8. Those look VERY nice... quite an upgrade from the original NYC models by the look for the pictures. Seems pretty similar to the Monarch lower end bolt-ons (I forgot what they call them... New Standard, or something like that)... similar pickups and Pope circuit byt the looks of it.

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    FYI,

these are NOT what i played in the Epifani shop. the one i tried was a bolt on jazz bass thru and thru.

10. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    Can someone tell me why the Fodera Rackmount pre isn't made / is not available in the US?? I see it on the site linked above and I remember a thread about a rackmount version of the Pope Pre that you could get customized with matching wood from the top of the bass or just made from whatever wood you wanted..... The price on the Japanese (??) site seem to list them at 248,000 yen (= $2,243) YIKES!! Are they really that much??

Additionaly..... check this out (don't mean to hijack the thread.... I'll go start another one somewhere)

http://www.ven-jp.com/Fodera/20thAnnivPreAmp.htm

See the front and back panel pics...... Says plain as day - Made in the USA... but not sold in the USA???

11. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

That's quite a bit of money but I do believe Japanese prices are higher than here in the US, even on the basses.

I don't think the rackmount pre is just the pope pre in a box however.

12. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    These were mentioned a while back... Not sure of the ETA. There was a thread about them in Amps a while back.

.... as for the other Foderas on that Japanese site:

[​IMG]
    :bassist:

13. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I just know I want one of the Rackmount Pre's.

14. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
  15. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If you check with Mike Pope he'll let you know what's going on I'm sure. I'm almost positive that Mike is building these.

16. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com

You might have played the new Fclef Jazz bass with the Pope preamp. Its a more traditional Jazz bass.

17. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    me lika dis one:
    [​IMG]