SOLD Fodera NYC Empire BCC 5th Anniversary Holly Top Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by EyeBoy, Jan 6, 2018.

1. EyeBoy

EyeBoy Gold Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    Price:
    $2400
    Strings:
    This is a beautiful Fodera special edition commissioned for the 5th anniversary of Bass Club Chicago. It has a cathedral-cut one-piece 34”-scale maple neck with 21 frets and 1.5” nut width. Body is swamp ash with a holly top and clear finish. It has EMG pickups and a Mike Pope 3-band, 18V preamp. Controls are: Master vol/Passive tone stack, Blend, Bass/Treble boost/cut stack and Mid boost/cut. Toggle is for active/passive. It is in mint condition (note that the apparent marks on the holly top are natural wood grain and the 'bubbles' on the electronics cover are its protective plastic). The bass weighs 9 lbs., 0 oz. It comes in the original BCC 5th Anniversary gig bag. Free shipping to CONUS. No trade interests at the moment.

FoderaBCCbod.JPG

ajkula66, d00dr and Kmrumedy like this.
  2. EyeBoy

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
  3. This is one exciting piece of Fodera! All bright looks with maple fingerboard.
    only if it had gold hardwares...
    tempting. very tempting. I almost want to smell it. :D

4. EyeBoy

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    Thanks for the appreciation! I applaud your using more than the usual senses of sight and sound to evaluate this bass. I can assure you that it smells every bit as good as it feels. I'm not sure that gold hardware would taste right, though.

gkbass13 and Bassman8416 like this.
  5. One of the most affordable and beautiful Foderas I’ve seen-to my tastes.

6. EyeBoy

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    I definitely agree...

7. jeffbass

jeffbass Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    uhhh wow.

8. Korlin1

Korlin1

Apr 20, 2007
    How heavy is the bass in pounds in ounces?

9. EyeBoy

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    Please read the listing above. The truth is out there...

Edgar and Bassman8416 like this.
  10. Ummmm wow. Wish it were a 5.

11. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Very cool.

What is the string spacing at the bridge? 19mm? Is it adjustable to 18mm by any chance?

12. EyeBoy

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    Current center-to-center string spacing is: 18 mm at neck p/u, 19 mm at bridge p/u and 19.7 mm at bridge.

I think the minimums would be: 17 mm at neck p/u, 18 mm at bridge p/u and 18.7 mm at the bridge (the inner walls of the 1st and 4th string saddles are 54 mm apart).

Kmrumedy likes this.
  13. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Thank you for the detailed answer. Much appreciated. This is tempting.

14. dafonky

dafonky

Dec 12, 2010
    Europe
    Does it have a 70‘ies PU spacing ?

15. EyeBoy

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    Interesting question. I have searched all over TB and other resources, but still not found definitive numbers for 60's vs. 70's pickup spacing.

On the Fodera, the central line of the bridge pickup is 31-7/8" from the center of the nut and about 2-1/4" from the center of the A-D bridge saddles. The neck p/u is about 4" from the bridge p/u; their centers are 3-7/8" apart.

These numbers suggest that the pickups are closer to 70's spacing than 60's spacing, from what I could find.

16. dafonky

dafonky

Dec 12, 2010
    Europe
    If the distance between the inner sides of the pickups is 8 cm , its a 70‘ies configuration.

17. EyeBoy

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    Then they are 70's spacing. I didn't measure that way, but can back-calculate as: (3.875-0.75) x 2.54 = 7.93 cm, where 0.75 is the width of a J pickup.

18. dafonky

dafonky

Dec 12, 2010
    Europe
    The space between both pickups has to be 3,15 inches ( 8cm)
    From centre neck pu to center bridge pu, the distance is 4" for a 70'ies spacing and 3,6 " for a 60'ies spacing. Its only half an inch of difference, but a difference in sound. :D

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  19. dafonky

dafonky

Dec 12, 2010
    Europe
  20. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Wish it were a PJ and 7.6 lbs...

I love that Holly top, i bet this Bass drives itself.

GLWS

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021