1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fodera pickups upgrade with haz lab 2 band?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Brams77, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Brams77

Brams77

Jun 30, 2009
    Hi there,

Dont know if anyone tried this on tb...
    Has anyone here swaped their bart pu's in for lets say seymours or aero jazz fodera pickups and kept their hazlab preamp? I know you cant set the hazlab to passive, so as a conclusion it could be the barts that go mostly with those older haz preamps are active pickups (less windings lower output)... Or is it possible to put others in, other being pu's you can use passive aswell as the later fodera's installed pope preamps are able to put in passive mode.
    I know most of you guys put in a pope pre aswell making the upgrade complete, but just want to know if that would be possible...
    Ive seen used sets of fodera pickups show up on ebay now and then I'm prolly keen on trying that out for my beloved emperor bass in the future, I have the impression the barts sound a little thinner then duncans or aeros so thats why I ask.

Thanks!

2. thepontif

thepontif

Apr 24, 2004
    Designer Fodera Guitars/Michael Pope Design, Inc., Trickfish Amplification
    You should be fine using any of those PU's with either the HAZ or my preamp.

3. Brams77

Brams77

Jun 30, 2009
    Ah great to hear mr Pope, the upgrade I'm planning will have to go in steps, I allready invested a great deal of money buying this fantastic Emperor! So step be step I'll get it into 2010 trim:D

Thanks again!

4. thepontif

thepontif

Apr 24, 2004
    Designer Fodera Guitars/Michael Pope Design, Inc., Trickfish Amplification
    No problem. Enjoy!