Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera/Pope Handbuilt Rackmount Preamp??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vanselus, Oct 17, 2003.

1. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    From Pope's website:

"At the end of October I'm going over to Japan for about a week with the Fodera crew for a trade show. I'll be playing and demonstrating some of the products I have built and/or designed including the new Fodera Handmade rack mount preamp which, by the way, is a very serious piece of equipment."

Anyone heard details on this thing or am I just way behind the times?

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    not a word, man...sounds cool, though...how's the bbe pre- coming along, btw? :D

3. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Coming along well, just gotta get Josh to chop up those clips! He's been busy with the new job and the move so it's tough. SOON I hope....

Todd

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    :eek:

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    right on...i still can't find any word on that pope preamp. man, that should be nice

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    d'oh! just when I think I'm getting close to having tried them all...

The Fodera pedal preamp rocks, so there's no reason to think the rackmount won't kick ass.

btw, nice find Todd. Wonder why it's so on the QT? Or maybe it's still a prototype?

7. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    yeah no kidding - the Pope onboard is my favorite preamp of all TIZime!

8. GregoryJ

GregoryJ

Mar 17, 2003
    Tokyo, Japan
    I guess there are a few advantages to living in Tokyo. I'll have to talk to my friend to get one of those music show tickets. Its a bit like the NAMM show in that it is only for people in the industry. However, my buddy runs a recording studio so he usually gets a few free passes. If I can get there, I'll post a reply on what I see and hear.

Greg

9. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    The java window on the Fodera site has a picture of the Fodera Rackmount Pre. :hyper: No price or other info is given. I'm calling them tomorrow!!

Stand by!

:hyper: :hyper:

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    awww yea...

cant wait to get my Imperial 5 fretless, and run it thru my Avalon/Acme rig...

ooooops, did i let the cat outta the bag? :p

11. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I called. Got a lady on the phone that, well, didn't know anything. FInally she put the phone down, came back and said for me to call back in late June.

I'm putting a reminder in my Palm Pilot!!

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You're behind the times.

I heard about this like 2 months ago. I hear its gonna have exotic wood faceplates.

Peace
    Nick

13. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    Gee thanks Nick, but no I'm not. It wasn't made official until Fodera said yep, we're doing it PUBLICY. And unless your name is Fodera or you work there or are an endorser/endorsee, you really wouldn't know about inside dealings and plans.

A lot of speculation, but no facts, now we have facts. I'll call in June and post my findings.

That is, unless you know something.

14. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I saw picture of the thing a couple months ago. So, at least a mockup existed. That's a fact.

Now, you've called and were told nothing except to call back in June. Somehow that is less speculative? Any other bits of enlightenment you'd like to shed on us? ;)

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I was refering to his question and Ive seen pictures of these . I saw them a pretty long time ago but I dont remember where. They had exotic wood facings and the buterfly inlaid in the front panel. It might have been something posted on the Dudepit, or some pics someone posted after visiting the Fodera shop.

I barely know anything about Fodera and to tell you the truth I find almost all of them pretty damn ugly. Just not my taste. Ive never played one either. I hear they sound good though so Im interested in the preamp and when I saw a discusion on them I checked it out.

Since there have been discussions and pictures posted, you are behind the times if you just heard about them for the first time now. If you are saying there hasnt been official news declaring production beyond the few shown in the past then thats fine. I wasnt trying to insult you or anyone.

Either way, dont talk down to me.

Peace
    Nick

EDIT: Thanks for backing up the info Geshel. You posted while I was typing.

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    [​IMG]

I did quick search of TB and found some pics.

Peace
    Nick

17. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Maybe you shouldn't be talking down to him first, Nick?

The Fodera pre is a rackmount version of what is in the basses along with some additional functionality I believe. This is according to Mike Pope. I saw the pre's up and running in person at NAMM this year, they certainly looked nice but I had no idea what they sound like. If it's anything like the standard Mike Pope pre however I would say it's going to be a good product.

18. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Jared:

1. Read Vanselus' post
    2. Read Nick's post

no talking-down-to was involved.

edit: oops. heh,yeah, october. *whistles*

19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    When did I talk down to him?

Van asked:
    "Anyone heard details on this thing or am I just way behind the times?"

I reponded:
    "You're behind the times.

I heard about this like 2 months ago. I hear its gonna have exotic wood faceplates."

Please go back and re-read. I dont apreciate being addressed like that.

Peace
    Nick

EDIT: Damn your fast! Thanks again :)

20. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Telling someone "you're behind the times" when he obviously isn't is completely rude in my book. It gives off an air of superiority on behalf of the speaker. He obviously felt the same way based on his response. What goes around comes around really.

Are you saying you told Vanselus HE was behind the times when he originally asked that in *October* and you responded that you saw them two months ago (i.e. March)?