Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera Ramp...Cost???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phil Smith, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Any of you Fodera owners have the ramp installed on your bass? If so how much? What was the turnaround time?

2. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    what the hell is a ramp?

3. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    A piece of wood or plastic that fills the space between and is the same height as the pickups.

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    FWIW, i made mine (not a Fodera user) for $9 and i'm not even close to being a woodworker....

5. I'd personally have it done by someone else. You're going to have to pay Fodera's labour to build it for you. Anyone reasonable skilled with wood working tools could build one out of whatever wood that you wanted.

6. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    yes, the Fodera ramp is *very expensive*. $200 or so.
    granted, it's a big fat piece of ebony and the radius is perfect and might have taken some time to achieve. but the price is still *insane*.

i only got the ramp through Fodera to "pay back" for a favour, but in all other cases i'd recommend having it made by someone else who's willing to do it. there are other's who can certainly create a ramp of the same quality for less money.

7. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Why get a ramp when you could get one of those black thumb rest things? Timmy C uses one... not that it's the reason I want one. :D

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Do a search on ramps...the "thumbrest" function of a ramp is a far second to what it's primarily used for, which is to shorten the distance your plucking fingers take when plucking.

9. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    I don't need something that I can anchor my thumb to.