Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by spectorbass83, Feb 17, 2006.

1. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Has anyone tried Fodera strings yet?? I got a free set of them so I figured I would give them a try. My bass is in the shop, I will have it back on monday with the Foderas on there..before these I was using Rotosound RS 555LD series which I liked. These Fodera's came highly recommended...any thoughts?

2. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    I just bought two sets. One light 6-string set and one light 4-string set. Haven't put them on yet though. :meh:

3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    For the last couple of years, I have been using the .028-.120 stainless steel set. I have nothing but praise for these strings. They sound great, last forever, and feel great. I highly recommend them.

4. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    I love Foderas, particularly the nickel Vic Wooten set with a 125 substiruted for the low B. Very balanced in tone and feel. And that tone doesn't die quickly.

5. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    +1

Best strings I've found, definitely. Now if I could just figure out a way to get a 6 string set shipped to me without having to spend 45 bucks.........

6. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    I use the nickels on my 6, and think they are great. However, I periodically break the G from bad technique when I'm not paying attention, and so picked up some DR Sunbeam singles. These seem to be so similar that it makes you wonder.

7. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    I think I'm payng $36 at JustStrings, and if you get a couple sets, it offsets the shipping to some extent.

8. +1! Same ones I use and LOVE!:bassist: