Fodera users! help me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lakland5, Oct 2, 2004.

1. lakland5

Oct 28, 2000
    Model of my fodera is Mathew Garrison5.
    This is my second fodera. My first fodera had two problems,
    one was neck and the other was tone. I sold it to music shop.
    My mathew garrison5 is perfect to any genre(pop, funky, jazz, fusion....) I love its passive tone in siglecoil position.(cafe, club..) and I use active mode in live session.(stage)
    Mike pope onboard preamp is in my fodera.
    My question is How much do you adjust the trimpot in pope preamp.
    In my thought the trimpot is maybe preamp's gain control.
    (fully counter clockwise passive volum = active volum)
    Fodera users! I want know your setting.
    forgive me my english....
  2. You are correct. The trimpot adjusts the gain of the preamp.
    My settings are sort of a compromise. I adjust the trimpot of the preamp to ~70% of maximum and then fine tune the signal with the EQ.
    I feel that every room I play is different. No *one* tone is going to be perfect for all rooms. It is a very real-time decision.
    Hope this helps,
  3. lakland5

Oct 28, 2000
    Thanks!.. Mr. Lenny.
    The trimpot of the preamp is very sensitive.
    It varies volum and tone also.
    It also varies passive tone. It's very interesting.
    Maybe, fodera's passive circuit is depend on the preamp a little. I want to know more suggestion about the trimpot.
    and I want to know factory setting also.
    Because, in the studio I don't use EQ nob, I use only my hands. At some club, my tone is too hot or to weak...
    Fodera users....Give me your more suggestions please... thanks...
  4. ronald cardenas

ronald cardenas

Jul 3, 2016
    Adjust the trimpot ... to keep the volume of flat eq in active state....same gain of passive state..obviusly the volumen pot in full in this test
  5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Hello Ronald, welcome to Talkbass.

Just so you know all posts are timestamped. This post is from 2004. On that note, if you click on a user's profile it will tell you when they have last logged on. In the case of the OP we haven't seen them since 2014.