Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera Vic Wooten model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tworock, May 17, 2003.

1. tworock

tworock

Mar 10, 2003
    If anyone is looking for an amazing Fodera, I had a chance to play a Vic Wooten at Bass Exchange in LA. This thing was amazing. The neck was incredible, as was the sound. Had it not been for the Spalted top and pale moon ebony board, I would own this guitar. The look is just too much for me (I'm a "less is more" type). This is just an fyi for anyone looking for this type of bass.

By the way, I am in no way associated with Fodera or Bass Exchange.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It'd better be amazing.

3. I've actually got a chance to play 2 Fodera vic wootens at Sam Ash and Manny's music on suset, hollywood, ca. They don't have the wild top, but for some reason I liked how the the fodera played at Manny's.

4. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I have been GASing for a Fodera for about 5 years now. I never really had the chance to sit down and play any. I stopped by BassCentral and played 3 Foderas(1 Emperor and 2 Monarch BO's). I have to say that every other bass I played sounded and felt better than any of the Foderas. I especially LOVED the Black Onyx Sterling they had, but I am so disappointed...oh well. I guess I will stick with my graphite necked basses!!!

:D

5. What a disheartening thing to read, after I myself have been lusting after said basses since, oh, lol... I can't remember. Thanks for killing my fantasy. On a happier note, a Sterling was my second choice...

6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well if that was his experience thats a shame. I have still not found a bass that equals a Fodera IMO and I have played everything...I can't bring myself to buy anything else thus far, even though certain things catch my eye. Look at bunnybass, talk to retailers...Fodera is the real deal and worth every penny IMO.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ah...you just haven't found the other great basses yet because you are too busy being undeserving of your Foderas you bastage!!

Viva Armenia!

brad cook

8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

:p :D

This made me laugh ;) Thanks!

9. i sense a hint of jealousy here...this is good, this is a good sign, keep it up, I'm feeling better now;)

10. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    bassexchange.com

hmm..curious, where are they located?

f

11. tworock

tworock

Mar 10, 2003
    They are in Burbank, California.

12. enbee

enbee

May 10, 2003
    The third time I met Victor Wooten was at bass day in New York. He let me play his bass. Although it was his tenor it still gave me an idea of how his basses feel and play. It was amazing.