1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fodera Victor Wooten Yin Yang Standard Series II 4-String Bass w/OHSC, tools and strap

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by daveonbass, May 4, 2021 at 10:27 AM.

1. daveonbass

daveonbass Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Waupun, WI
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    This is by far the best playing and sounding Fodera I have ever encountered. It's awesome. And in mint condition as well. So, why on earth would I sell it? I've wanted one for years, finally got one, and I'm selling it?... it's the weirdest reason I've ever sold a bass for. I can't get used to playing it sitting down. It kinda "slides" on me. I sit down to play it, first note I think "wow, this thing sounds terrific"... then a few seconds later it's "and it plays great!"... then it starts sliding down my leg and... it drives me nuts. I don't want a $4,500 bass that drives me nuts. Maybe you DO want a $4500 bass that drives me nuts, though - and if so, now is the time! It is just gorgeous. Just look at it. Bass in the video is not this exact bass. One small scratch on case as noted in photos. Yin/Yang strap, paperwork and tools included. Prior owner said 10 lbs, 1 oz weight. Slap buy now!

From Fodera: www.fodera.com/pages/yin-yang-standard-series-ii-legacy

Specifications:
    Chambered Walnut Body
    3-Piece Maple Neck w/ Ebony Fingerboard
    Pau Amarillo (Yellowheart) Top w/ Black Painted Yin Yang
    Black Hardware
    EMG P/J Pickups
    34” Scale, 24 Frets
    19.0mm String Spacing
    Fodera / Pope 3-Band Standard Preamp

Price includes shipping CONUS

VIDEO:

IMG_0993.jpeg IMG_0995.jpeg IMG_1001.jpeg IMG_0996.jpeg IMG_0999.jpeg IMG_0997.jpeg IMG_0998.jpeg IMG_0994.jpeg IMG_0992.jpeg IMG_0991.jpeg IMG_1003.jpeg

2. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Only because you mentioned about sitting position and it's obvious that you really like this bass, have you tried Tony Grey's sitting position?

I know it's a different position, but heck if it works for you, maybe you'd end up keeping it? :)
    I actually use this seating position a lot more now and have adjusted all my straps to the same length that whether I'm sitting or standing, the position is the same.

I also have to comment in saying, these Yin Yang Standards are impressive basses for the money!
    I feel these are my favourite of all the Standards that Fodera builds, but that's me.
    The Emperor Standard 5 is cool, but the YYS is really really great.

3. GSNOLA

GSNOLA Opinionated but approachable 4-string Scotsman. Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    Dave, good morning! Is this a “for sale” only?

4. daveonbass

Apr 5, 2001
    Waupun, WI
    preferred, but feel free to send offers through messaging

5. daveonbass

Apr 5, 2001
    Waupun, WI
    I have many basses that don’t have this issue. This bass is for sale :)

bassballs27 likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021