1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade Fodera Yin Yang

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JLB49, Apr 14, 2019 at 6:00 PM.

1. JLB49

JLB49 Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is a beautiful Fodera Yin Yang Standard 4-string.

This is the original Series I version with specs as follows:

-Alder body

-Maple top with black accent line

-Ebony fingerboard

-1 pc. maple neck

-EMG P/J with YY Std. 3-band EQ and EQ bypass switch

-34" scale

This is YY Std. #149. I believe this dates it to 2013 or thereabouts.

It's an incredible playing and sounding bass...even as a builder, I am impressed with the fit, finish, and

overall playing experience. I've always been a fan of Fodera.

The neck is ruler-straight, frets are in excellent shape, and it plays clean and buzz-free in every position.

Weight according to my bathroom scale is 8.7 lbs.

This bass is in clean shape, but not pristine.

I'd call it a 7 condition.

There are a small number of minor dings that are visible up close.

I've tried my best to photograph them all. It's mostly typical "player wear".

The only slightly unusual wear is a pair of horizontal impressions

on the back of the headpiece, just under the lower pair of tuners.

You can see those in the photographs. Those are from a prior owner so I don't know how they happened.

The overall look of the bass is clean and classy - it doesn't look "worn" or used even from pretty close.

I just want to document every little thing for full disclosure.

The EMG logos are still bright and the hardware plating is nice and even, so it all looks fresh.

Tone is pure Victor - it really does nail the early-to-midldle Flecktones sound perfectly - bright without being harsh, ultra-clear with an underlying warmth, and extremely quick and responsive.

This was my dream bass for 12 years, but it just doesn’t fit my hand, I’m very depressed about it. May entertain partial trades for MTD and older Tobias basses.

Feel free to ask questions and make offers, comes with original case and paperwork.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 8:04 PM