1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

foderaaaa

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jimmyduded, Aug 18, 2007.

1. jimmyduded

jimmyduded

Jun 12, 2007
    cherry hill nj
    if i wanted a bass to sound like a fodera without shellin out all the cash, what would i need as far as electronics and pickups go, i want that wooten tone

2. manutabora

manutabora

Aug 14, 2007
    Iowa City, IA
    I have a Fender highway one p bass and just recently had Seymour Duncan basslines APB-1 active pickups installed on it, I have to say the sound is awesome, but my bass is surely not nearly as versatile as a Fodera would be.

3. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    The Wooten tone (apart from his touch) is purely EMG's

4. JNW7

JNW7

Mar 1, 2007
    EMG's are definately a big part of it, but the signiture Wooten Fodera also has a special preamp w/ a few switches to it, just do a little research on victors yin yang bass and his #1 Fodera Monarch.
    take care
    -James

5. My Spector Euro LX has EMG's and sounds nothing like Victor Wooten's Fodera.

6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Its with out a doubt the EMG sound other then the obvious hands. The Preamp on his original was made by HazLab. They don't make it anymore, but you could get the Alembic Distillate preamp and EMG PJ setup and pretty much nail it! Mike Pope who now builds the Preamp for Fodera also builds Custom pre's and he could build you something I am sure.

But the EMG's are the Big part of the Sound. The pre has a nice Bottom End that eq switch setup adds to it.

Best of luck,
    Brian