1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fog Formula: Was browsing Foggers...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Oct 21, 2013.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...for no particular reason and in the reviews section at Amazon, here's the full quote:

Anyone else ever try this? I'd get a fogger for fun about the house but that fogging stuff is terribly expensive.

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

3. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I make my own e-liquid for nicotine vaporizing. It's basically fog machine liquid with added nicotine and food flavoring. FWIW, I always heard that fog machine liquid was made with propylene glycol. The two main constituents of nicotine e-liquid are propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin.

4. My foggers are Rosco and cost a couple grand apiece. They last forever if you use their fluid and clean after use. They clog up and fail if you use many of the other available fluids.

For me, it's false economy to try to use anything but the correct stuff. In fact, if I were using a cheaper DJ style fogger, I'd use the more expensive Rosco fluid just to try to avoid clogging issues.

The formulas are not that simple, as they have light fogs, heavy fogs, fogs that, while initially very thick, dissipate quickly, and others that last a really long time. Definitely not just a single ingredient mixed with water.

Whatever you do, keep in mind that you are spewing it out onto your band, your equipment, and your audience. I wouldn't mess with anything without being absolutely CERTAIN that the result was non-toxic and not detrimental to instruments and electronics.

Edit: Looked at the Rosco MSDS. Their fluid contains 3 different types of glycol formulations - zero glycerin.

5. Hi.

^THIS.

The reason for strictly regulated fog and haze fluids is that the ones that have a high persentage of organic compounds have a shelf life of weeks.

After that the fluid is full of life. The kind of life that doesn't get killed on the heater and spreads all around and keeps on growing.

If You're adventurous, cook your own, but do keep the possible hazards and problems in mind.

Regards
    Sam