Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Foil Finish...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Casey C., Mar 21, 2005.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I dunno if this would be the right forum or not (sorry if it isn't)

I bought a guitar that I was going to restore and I've been pondering the finish. My first was a red camo pattern and then I got the idea from wood pictures my grandpa use to make by taking multiple layers of wood, cutting a pattern and then taking the pieces and glueing them together like a puzzle. Well, my idea is with foil. Its reflective and it would look cool. I'm not sure what kind of stuff to use, but I want to do that same thing with the camo pattern with like colored aluminum foil (not sure if it would be aluminum, but something like it). I was thinking of something like that foil stuff used to wrap christmas presents. its colorful and reflective.

Any help, ideas, brainstorming would be greatly aprreciated :D

2. If you will contact me by PM, I can discuss your idea in complete depth. It will get very long to do here and will raise as many questions as it will answer initially. Rest assured though, your idea is not only possible, it is very attainable.

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Another idea might be gold or silver leaf. You will have to put a finish on top of it to keep it from chipping off, but its an easy thing to do.

4. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    bump :bag: