1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Folding cart deal

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by winegamd, Dec 15, 2012.

1. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Magnacarts are the best. I have two of them.

nixdad and steelbed45 like this.
  2. ojo

ojo Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Round Lake
    I have one of these, and it's pretty good.

3. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    True story: my employer purchased one for me for toting medical equipment. It just happens to reside in the cargo area of my Transit Connect along with my rack box, etc....well, you can guess the rest.

Riis

5. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Used mine today to roll my GK NEO 115 into church with my amp in my laptop bag. I use a Bungee cord around the cart to the handle of my cab & we are good to go

6. Even better than the on-line deal posted, I went to my local Sears today to check it out and it was priced @ $24.99 and I got another 10% off that for completing a quick survey at the register. $22.50.

It's not heavy duty by any means but it'll move my 2x15 Boogie cab no problem. Thanks for the heads up on this.

7. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    I've begun to compare these deals by Googling the product because I've noticed that some of them aren't deals at all, like your Sears deal. Another example is the Tascam DR-05 recorder. I found it for only $4 more at B&H Photo.

8. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Costco sells the Magna Cart for 19.99. You might want to take a look if you're a member.

9. Mine actually rang up at $24.99 now that I looked at my receipt. However, they did have the same looking Magna cart at Costco for $19.99 as said above, but for some reason it felt lighter weight. It's probably my imaginaton, though.

10. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

11. TommyRock

TommyRock

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod MA
    Beware: The Magna Cart will chew up the bottom edge of your amp/cab/combo. I have one... and the way the gears that retract the wheels are designed allows them to dig into the bottom edge of the cab. Investigating the Coocheer MFT-01 Multi-function Hand Cart.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  12. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I've been using one for 5 years and that's never happened to me.

13. Ben B

Ben B Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I already had a folding hand truck that is one or two steps up from the Magna cart, but I did check out them out at Costco a few years ago. For the price, they are great. I think they would be adequate for carrying a medium sized combo amp, monitors, small PA cabs, etc. I'm not sure I would trust them with 150 pounds, but 50 pound wouldn't be a problem. One of my guitar players uses one.

If you go up to a $100 folding cart, you get more load capacity and bigger wheels. Mine goes over curbs and steps better than the Magna cart.

14. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    Alameda, CA
    If you're going to revive a zombie Hot Deals thread, don't you think you should post a link to the item under discussion at a fantastic price? :rollno:

15. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    I have one and it is functional. The only issue I have had is it fell backwards once and the handle rail creased just enough that the handle wouldn't collapse all the way.

16. FingerDub

FingerDub

Jan 8, 2016
    These are good, I have one, but it falls short as far as using it for gear. Maybe a small cab and a bag or something but for more than that it fails. Even with one of my 12's it feels awkward, and the bottom of the cart does not reach out far enough to hold it properly, making it feel flimsy. I use it for other stuff though, and will have to end up looking for a real cart that can handle gear.