Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by relman, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Okay...I'm a pretty huge Zeppelin fan, and i love the folk/celt influenced music they put out (Battle of Evermore, Bron-yr-aur Stomp) and i was wondering if anyone knew what artists influenced them into that stuff, or anything similar to it...i'm sure there was something on "Hammer of the Gods" but i lent it to a friend...can anyone help me out???
  2. Im really into folk music at the moment.
    I cant really think of artists who influenced Led Zeps folky stuff, but have a listen to Bob Dylan's first album 'Bob Dylan'. It was before he was a songwriter and most of the songs on the album are old folk classics such 'House Of the Rising Sun' that he has modernised a little.
  3. No idea who would have influenced LZ but i did pick up a pretty good compilation CD a few years ago that called Celtic Crossroads. It was put out in the US by Narada Media
  4. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    If you're thinking of the same Celtic Crossroads CD I am, it was done by a friend of mine, accordionist John Whelan. Monster player and a great guy too. He has several other CDs out as well. I played with him for 8 years in a band called Kips Bay. Did a couple of CDs that only sold peanuts, but it was great fun.
  5. Yep thats the one, unfortunatly I lost the CD a while back in the "Great Road Trip" debacal Of 1999.
    If your really desperate for a copy head to Key West in Florida get on a fishing boat head out about a quarter of a mile. The CD will be in a brown knapsack 300 feet straight down, haha.
  6. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    ROBERT WYATT, I'd say this dude probably influenced Zeppelin more than anyone else, a good intro to his stuff would be the album called 'Rock Bottom', its a little 'strange' to say the least but incredibly inventive both lyrically and musically.

(I think Bruce Lindfield uses a RWyatt song lyric as his sig. so he might have a bit more info than me as I've only started listening to him in the past few months).