1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Folk/Pop/Rock Bassist for Maple Valley, WA artist

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by Singer/songwriter, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Singer/songwriter

Singer/songwriter Commercial User

Oct 12, 2015
    Ivy Ink and Craft- Performing Artist
    Hello fellow musicians!

I am a performer with a full back up band looking for a new bassist. Sadly, our last one was no longer able to continue with us. So the show must go on!

I do mainly original music with covers mixed in here and there. The style is pop/folk/rock.

We practice once per week for a few hours on typically a Tuesday or Wednesday depending on schedules. Usually from 7:30-9 or 9:30. Occasionally more practices if we have a show coming up and feel we need it.

We practice in Maple Valley, WA. Our shows are all around WA mainly in the Seattle area but will go out of state if the opportunity comes up.

-I need someone who can drive themselves around and has their own gear!
    -Between the ages of 21 and 40 would be ideal due to the venues we will be in.
    -great attitude and a fun sense of humor is appreciated!
    -Stand up bass and being able to play harmonics is a massive plus! But not a deal breaker.

We do have paying gigs and the pay can range from $0-$150 per person. You are a musician. You know how venues go. It's hit and miss but I split everything with my band made from shows.

You can check out my older live performances here:

You can contact me at alexivycontact@gmail.com
    Please send any clips you have of your music along with your contact info.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to hearing from you!!!

-Alex

Ductapeman and MCF like this.
  2. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Alex,
    You have a new Spotify subscriber. I love your voice and your music. Deep To Deep is great. Given your location near Seattle, it shouldn't take long for you you to find a new bassist. Schedule shows in Sacramento or LA and I'll be there if at all possible. You are really talented. And your guitarist and drummer sound like they're a good fit. I'm looking forward to hearing your next project.

3. Singer/songwriter

Singer/songwriter Commercial User

Oct 12, 2015
    Ivy Ink and Craft- Performing Artist
    OH wow! Thank you so much for the kind words :) I got back from my West Coast tour a few months ago where we went right through there! But I hope to return one of these days. Look forward to meeting you one day :)

MCF likes this.