Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fonkstick???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Limo, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
  2. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    Looks like a mouradian (sp?)

3. Wolfehollow may be right, and other folks think so too, including a fella who really, really wants one of those.
    Unless you (or anyone else reading this) has long lusted after one of these rare birds, I'd let the man grab it up. Karma and all that.

4. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    Its probably just a copy... watch out for that crack...

5. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Thanks Kunfu, since I'm that fella, I really appreciate it. ;)

Even though that's a really nasty crack on the back of the neck, and the pickup routing is bad, I've been looking for one of these for almost 10 years and have been posting regularly looking for one during that time, and trying to convince Jim Mouradian to build some more. But I am ready to take a chance that it may be legit, and may be fixable as well. It's up in the air on both points, as I know Ed Roman and one other guy have put out their own copies of the bass.

But, that aside, in all my time here, I've NEVER asked anyone for a favor like this, and obviously I can't make anyone *not* bid. But for my sake, I'd appreciate it if, as KFS said, you aren't ready to sell your first born to get this bass, I'd appreciate the consideration from my fellow TB'ers to give me a shot at this without driving the price up astronomically, so that I could afford to, hopefully, have it repaired as well.

Thanks,
    Scott (reb46 on eBay)

6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    As the one who pointed it out to you Scott, you have my support and I won't be bidding again myself. I know how you've been looking for one!

Best of Luck!

7. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was thinking about bidding for stepping back and let me go after it. Now I just hope it's able to be saved! ;)

Thanks again.
    Scott

8. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Just curious, can anyone make out what the plate on the headstock says. The loose d string is in the way.

I kinda can make out " Roncio Jr"

9. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    It looks like maybe it was a custom nameplate that someone had made up for the bass. It's says "FONKSTICK Morris Rentie Jr." which I'm guessing is the guys pet name for the bass and his name was Morris Rentie Jr.?

I'm *hoping* that underneath that plate it says "Mouradian" but I'll have to wait until next week to be able to find out.

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    that is one of the fonkiest basses I have ever seen. Beware of that crack!