1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Foo Fighters Last Night!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tanslacks, Mar 7, 2008.

1. tanslacks

tanslacks Supporting Member

I took my daughter to see the Foo fighters last night at the Los Angeles forum. She is 13 and we both play bass in our respective bands. We have been to some great shows in the last 2 years.. Green day, Police, The Donnas, RHCP's and Roger Waters dark side of the moon tour. They all rocked but David Grohl deserves special mention. He had the place rocking to say the least.

CIMG5425.

When I was a teenager growing up in Santa monica, I was lucky enough to see Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix at the forum along with many others. I would have to say the last time I was at the forum was 1979! It was great to go back with my kid and see a great show. Now to my point, one of the best rock show drummers I had ever seen was John Bohnam. He was different by a half, well last night I saw some really amazing drumming by Taylor Hawkins. WOW.. He has it times two. If you get a chance, catch this tour and if you have a kid bring them.. (Language is R rated) I feel so lucky to have this time with my daughter. I get to eavesdrop as her band writes their songs and she comes to all my bands shows and then when we are feeling rich enough, we catch a great show... Next... I got some Petty tickets for the hollywood bowl.

Just mt two cents:bag:

2. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    Glad you could enjoy a show with your daughter. It is also good to hear that you are exposing her to great music. Keep up the good work.

Al

3. A good thing to do -- and you'll both remember it for many years.

4. Not a huge fan of the Foo Fighters, but I've caught bits and peices of live performances from them, and it looks like they put on a GREAT show! :)

Glad you enjoyed, maybe I'll catch them one of these days...

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm a fan. Have yet to catch them live. Saw Dave Grohl play with Nirvana though.

6. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I saw them a couple weeks ago on this tour. They definitely rocked.

Did they do the "acoustic stage dropping from the ceiling" there?

7. Spoiled Grape

Spoiled Grape I <3 Darkstar

May 29, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    Good opening bands too imo :)

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Who is opening for them this time around? I love Foo Fighters.

9. collicsws6z28

collicsws6z28

Jan 29, 2007

Do you have a link to the setlist by chance? If not, how was the setlist in your opinion.

10. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Lucky man. I saw the Foos here, amazing show. Then I had the pleasure of hanging out with Dave Grohl at the hotel that hosts my steady jazz gig. I caught his attention by quoting some Nirvana in a solo. I'm guessing he was wondering what this aging jazz double bassist was doing quoting Cobain. One of the coolest guys in the biz from what I can tell, very funny guy. We did some blah blah while he was here, but he tends to get mobbed a lot.

Now my 14 year old daughter is a fan, so that's fun, too. She turns me on to a lot of stuff that I wouldn't hear otherwise.

11. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    When I saw them a couple weeks ago, they played for two and a half hours. They really played a ton of their stuff. Their performance of "Stacked Actors" was awesome.

And the acoustic set was great, too, with the band joined by four more people (including Pat Smear. Why does he always turn up?) on strings, auxiliary percussion, keys, and an additional guitar.

The openers were Against Me and that dude from System of a Down. While I'm not a huge fan of his solo stuff, he had killer stage presence.