Foo Fighters new single

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by WildBill, Sep 27, 2002.

1. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    I think this new song "All My Life" rocks. Its what I needed to make me remember why I love rockin out so much.Anyone else heard the song???:D
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    There's an advance of the full album floating around in the net...
  3. Yep that song rocks.

Much better than that Disenchanted Lullaby thingy... Don't much like that...
  4. Foo Fighters rock!! I will be buying the new album the day it comes out.
  5. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    it's not my favourite foofi's song, but it is good, just not what i expected, i guess. still a good rocker though.
  6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Looking forward to checking it out, though I'm a bit leery, especially after their last release.

They seem to be less-than-inspired without Pat Smear. Though, admittedly, it's almost impossible to expect them to be able to adequately follow up the pure genius that was The Colour and The Shape, their last CD was a disappointment in my book.

Edit: Okay, I just listened to it for the first time. DAAAAMMNNNNNNN!!!!! I like the hell out it!

Good to see the Foo Fighters are back to prove why they are better than 99% of anything else on commercial FM. Can't wait to buy the new CD!
  7. The chorus just ruins it, in my opinion. The chorus vocal melody just doesn't fit the rest of the song.
  8. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    .. great song.. great video =D
    David groh is cool!
    I like his guitar.. its a plexi? hehhee. what kind?
    and doesn't Steve Edgerton play the same one?
  9. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    That is an Ampeg guitar.

Anyone who is a fan of Queens of the Stone Age can tell that Dave Grohl has definatly been influenced by them. Queens of the Stone Age used to use all Ampeg guitars/amps, and the song "all my life" very closly resembles a few older Queens of the Stone Age songs. Not to mention they are working together.

I love the Foo Fighters, Dave Grohl and Queens of the Stone Age, so don't take my post the wrong way.
  10. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Yup, they really do sound alike but thats because Dave is really good at that style of 70's rock mixed with punk. I love that sound but everyone around my town is still listening to Emo so I cant jam with anyone.
    PS: "No one knows" and "All my life are both great songs"
    But I do agree I dont like the chorus to all my life it just doesnt fit. still a kick ass song though.
  11. OneCoolDog

Oct 15, 2002
    Alabama, USA
    I like it.

Love Nirvana. Wish Kurt was still here. Krist is one of my all-time favorite bassists.
  12. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I don't like it. Maybe just because it's overplayed, though. It's starting to get on my nerves.
  13. Passenger

Nov 10, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    If you like Krist Novoselic, you should check out his band, Eyes Adrift. Its got the guitarist/singer from the meat puppets, Bud Gaugh from Sublime on drums and him of course on bass. Sounds nothing like nirvan or sublime tho.

14. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Foo Fighters = One of the few mainstream rock bands that can still put out good music.
  15. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Foo Fighters = Only band that can sound like all the other rock bands that STILL suck major @$$.