Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Food before a final

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phil Mastro, Apr 20, 2005.

What would you eat before a final exam?

Poll closed Apr 21, 2005.
  1. Lebanese

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Chinese

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Japanese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Greasy pizza

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Chicken

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Steak/ribs

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  7. Burgers and fries

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Ok, so i got a final at 2 o'clock, so that leaves me 110 minutes to go eat. However, I'm currently debating with myself what kind of food i should eat. The main possibilities right now are chinese and super greasy pizza. I had chinese yesterday (also before a final), so i was thinking of having the pizza. But won't that make me super gassy during the exam? What if some hot chick is sitting behind me?

So what kinda food would you guys have before a final? I got another one tomorrow, so I'll compile the results before tomorrow and get whatever you guys suggested. I also have access to a food court about 10 minutes away from school, but it's raining today, and i don't feel like going there.

2. eat something light...i wouldn't worry about gas or that pretty girl behind you, but don't eat something that will make you tired...thats what worked for me...

3. As Dee Snyder once said:

"Stay Hungry!"

4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Fruits and vegetables! Bananas are apperently the best thing to eat before anything important which requires your mind.

5. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I'll keep that in mind! Especially coming from a guy from Montreal, you're obviously smarter than average... :bag:

To be honest, there's no reason to be worrying about girls in engineering, they're so few. And we're not even talking about the good looking ones... :rolleyes: :scowl:

6. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    I also had an exam at 2:00pm this afternoon and another one tomorrow.

I found out this much:
    I cant eat skittles, they work like sleeping pills on me.
    Same for pasta.

Protien is usually good. Today I had some eggs and a grill cheese sandwich.

7. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    I remember some adage about an associative effect, when one eats certain foods/ingests certain drugs while learning material, that recall is facilitated my mimicking those conditions. so, what did you eat while learning and studying?

I had a running bet in biology and chemistry that i drink during study groups, could get half pished for the exams, and still outperform everyone in class. and it worked.

8. Smell does have really strong associative qualities. From what I understand, chocolate is really good for this. Of course, if you weren't eating chocolate while you were studying...