1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Foodblogging

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Anyone read any foodblogs? The Great Taco Hunt has been a staple of my life for the past four months or so. I've had many a tasty taco or burrito thanks to them.

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Looks good...

But I would like to be stereotypical pig for a second and say that North Cal Taquerias are much better then Socal. :) They have more flavors!

I would love a nice chili verde burrito right now... or chorizo. MMMMMMMmmmMMMMmmmMMMMM

So wait... no taco hunt for Norcal/bay area on that site? How not cool!

PS that Sanchez place is defiantly going to be my stop next time I am in LA. thanks! :)

3. Pretty much every taqueria down here that is actually patronized by Mexicans (as opposed to Benito's, Campo's, etc.) has the following meats:

• Carne asada (beefsteak)
    • Pollo (chicken)
    • Carnitas (shredded pork)
    • Al pastor/adobado (barbecued pork)
    • Lengua (cow/pig tongue)
    • Cabeza (headcheese :eek: )
    • Buche (pig intestine :eek: :eek: :eek: )

You'll often see one or more of the following: pescado; camarones; chorizo; and my personal favorite, chiva barbacoa/birria.

NorCal hella sucks. :mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

4. Surely there's a NorCal taco blog. I mean, there's one for Seattle, and until about five years ago you could count the number of Mexicans in the Puget Sound area on two hands...